Meccano Autocross Radio Control Buggy
• The Autocross RC buggy from Meccano allows you to build two different designs of buggy for you to drive
• Coming with 130 pieces including the motor, you can build and rebuild your RC car
• Requires three AA batteries for the car and one 9V battery for the remote to get you racing along the ground
• Supports today’s STEM school curriculum and is recommended for anyone aged 10 and aboveWhat is Meccano?
Since 1898, Meccano have created model construction systems consisting of reusable metal strips, plates, wheels, axles and gears, with nuts and bolts to connect the pieces. It is the perfect system for children to learn how to put models together and is loved by people of all ages. Generally, each kit can be made into several different models and, as such, is a very versatile kit to build with.
How long will it take me to build these models?
This kit comes with two models to build within the instructions and can take up to an hour to build depending on the skill of the builder.
Is this compatible with other kits?
The Autocross RC buggy is compatible with other metal Meccano kits. This means you can carry on building and let your imagination run wild to build bigger and better cars on the same chassis, utilising the motors and the remote control to race around.
What is STEM and how does this help my child?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These subjects focus on an applied approach allowing more practical based education instead of theory. This encourages children to learn how to construct items utilising the basics of the above subjects. By engaging your child, you can encourage learning and development and can possibly lead to a rich and varied career pathway.
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|Power supply requirements
||3 x AA Batteries
||1 x 9V Battery
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.