Meccano Thunderbird 2
• Build a Thunderbird 2 with this kit from Meccano that also allows you to build an additional pod and The Mole
• Coming with 654 pieces, you will feel like Brains after finishing the building of these models
• Comes with foldable landing legs, thrust nozzles and more
• Supports today’s STEM school curriculum and is recommended for anyone aged of 12 and above
• No batteries required, just your imagination5. What is STEM and how does this help my child?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These subjects focus on an applied approach allowing more practical based education instead of theory. This encourages children to learn how to construct items utilising the basics of the above subjects. By engaging your child, you can encourage learning and development and can possibly lead to a rich and varied career pathway.
4. What is Meccano?
Since 1898, Meccano have created model construction systems consisting of reusable metal strips, plates, wheels, axles and gears, with nuts and bolts to connect the pieces. It is the perfect system for children to learn how to put models together and is loved by people of all ages. Generally, each kit can be made into several different models and, as such, is a very versatile kit to build with.
3. What Thunderbirds models can I make from this kit?
The kit comes with enough pieces to let you build the iconic transporter Thunderbird 2 as well as a Pod 5 with a working door and The Mole. This allows you to go on rescue missions as well as saving the planet from the evil Hood.
2. How long will this take me to build?
With the three models, it will take you about 10 minutes to build The Mole and up to an hour to build Thunderbird 2 and the pod. Of course, the build time will also depend on how confident you are at constructing the kits.
1. Thunderbirds are go!
Have a FAB time building the Thunderbird 2 and its accessories and bring International Rescue to your home. For ages 12 and above, this kit is suitable for the bigger kid who remembers Thunderbirds from its initial inception in the 1960’s
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|Power supply requirements
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.