Mindsets Conductive Paint Electronic Kit
• Create an electronic greeting card with this kit
• Use a resistor, LED, LDR, transistor and conductive paint to build your circuit
• Learn about electronics and conductivity
• With eight parts it’s simple and fun to assemble with no need for solder or glue
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires a 9V battery (sold separately – Order Code L46AL)What can I make?
Create your own light up greetings card or light up room sign. Use conductive paint to build a circuit without wires and even connect your components to the card with the paint. With two red LEDs, a light dependant resistor (LDR) and transistor you can make a simple electronic circuit that lights up as it gets dark. The instructions come with instructions for three different set-ups.
How does it work without wires?
The kit uses conductive paint to complete a circuit. This works due to the electrical conductivity of the paint. As it dries the conductive paint increases its electronic conductivity which allows power to pass though, lighting the LED. The paint dries at room temperature in 10-20 minutes dependant on thickness.
How can conductive paint complete a circuit?
Insulators like wood, card or fabric have very low electrical conductivity, so you cannot use them to carry electricity. However, metals, plasma and water carry electricity well which is why they are used in electronic circuits. Conductive paint is a great alternative to acid etching, as it can be used without gloves and masks.
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|What can be made?
||Greetings card, sign
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
||11+ with supervision
|Power supply requirements
||9 V (PP3) Battery (not included)
||10 ml ink
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.