Mindsets Hovercraft Kit
• Create a working hovercraft from a sheet of A3 card, a motor, a propeller and a self-seal bag
• Learn about how a hovercraft works
• Build your craft from 17 parts
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can I create with this hovercraft kit?
Float over the ground with this working hovercraft (manufactures code MSK 017). Using a piece of A3 paper, a bag, a motorised fan and other components the craft can hover over the ground easily. Experiment with other types of bags to see how it changes how the hovercraft moves and hovers. Fun and simple to make this kit requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL
), glue (not included) and scissors (not included). Fun for anyone ages 11 and over with adult supervision. What will this hovercraft kit teach me?
Hovercraft work by creating a cushion of air under the craft. A propeller spins, forcing air into the bag and filling it like a balloon. This air is then forced out of the bottom of the bag’s skirt, creating the air cushion it hovers on. Hovercraft are used in areas with very shallow water to avoid physically disturbing animals beneath the surface, but can be used on either land or water (do not use this hovercraft kit in water).
|Number of included parts
|Number of experiments that can be made
|What can be made?
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
||11+ with supervision
|Power supply requirements
||2 x AA batteries (not included)
||470 mm x 330 mm x 80 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.