Mindsets Light Sensor 10 Pack Kit
• Create 10 light-activated LED boards
• Solder and build your own circuit with resistor, LDR, transistor and LED
• Learn about electronics
• The kit comes in 10 pieces per board to solder together
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervision
• Requires a DC 3-9V power supply for each of the 10 boardsWhat does this kit make?
Create a small circuit with an LED which will activate as the light fades. The kit includes all the components for 10 boards. Use to detect low light levels and the sensitivity can be adjusted. You can even change the position of the LDR and Potentiometer, otherwise known as a variable resistor, to have an LED that comes on when the light is above a certain level. The circuits each require a DC 3-9V power supply and come with a battery connectorWhat can I learn?
This kit is a great way to introduce soldering and electronics. LDRs have higher resistance when they receive less light, the potentiometer can be adjusted to create the right amount of resistance to switch the LED on at the right light level. A soldering iron and solder is required to assemble this kit click here
to see our range of soldering kits.
Please note, this component is not RoHS compliant.
|Number of included parts
||10 (per pack)
|Number of models that can be made
|What can be made?
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
|Power supply requirements
||DC 3 V – 9 V each (not included)
||48 mm x 35 mm x 1 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.