Mindsets Livewire Electronic Kit
• Create a challenging wire game
• Build your live wire kit then try to get your wand to the far side without setting of the buzzer
• Learn about electronics and circuits
• With 10 parts you can create infinite designs by manipulating the wire
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can I make with this kit?
Create a fun wire maze to challenge you and your friends and family. Race to get the wand from one side of the wire to the other but be careful and don’t set off the buzzer. Customise the difficulty level as you design the wire shape and loop size, just make sure the power is off beforehand. Try and beat your own time or complete harder mazes without setting off the buzzer. This kit requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL
) and wire cutters/strippers (not included). Suitable for ages 11 and over with supervision. What does this teach?
This is a great lesson on circuit design. An electronic circuit is not complete unless there is a full loop. In the livewire kit (manufactures code BIG 026) you build an electronic circuit that is almost complete, all it requires is for one last piece to be connected. When the wand touches the wire this completes the circuit and power can reach the buzzer to sound it.
|Number of included parts
|Number of experiments that can be made
|What can be made?
||Electric wire game
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
|Power supply requirements
||2 x AA batteries (not included)
||75 mm x 120 mm x 120 mm (with wire formed to shape)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.