Mindsets Photochromic Pigment 3g - Blue
• 3g of blue photochromic pigment
• Changes colour when moved into sunlight or UV light
• Paint object with this pigment then watch as it turns blue in sunlight or UV then take them away and watch the colour fade
• Teaches light based chemical reactions
• Mix with a white acrylic base (not included) to paint on almost any surfaceWhat does photochromic pigment react to?
Photochromic pigment is a material which can be mixed with acrylic paint (not included) and reacts to changes in light levels. This means you can paint hidden pictures, warning signs or even light indicators that only activate in sunlight or UV lights The more diluted the pigment the less dramatic the colour change will be. The perfect ratio is a matter of trial and error but about 50:50 with white acrylic is recommended to start with. The pigment can be used to hand paint with but also can be stencilled or block printed. The pigment has a pale off white appearance out of the light and turns blue in direct light.
What does it teach?
A great way to show children how light can induce a chemical reaction in the pigment that can be reversed. The pigment comes in a 3g plastic syringe (233-201A) and is a mix of active micron-sized microcapsules dispersed in water and has the consistency of thick cream. When combined with an acrylic base it can be applied to almost any surface.
Use with adult supervision.
||Sunlight/ UV light
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.