Mindsets Small Thermocolour Sheet – 150mm x 150mm
• Single (150mm x 150mm) sheet of thermocolour material
• Changes colour when heated, turns bright blue above 27°C (human contact or similar)
• Create bright handprints or leave messages that disappear as they cool
• Demonstrate thermal conductivity and dissipation
• Add a resistance wire (not included) to create screen displaysWhat can you do with Thermocolour sheets?
A great learning aid for children, this thermochromic sheet (IT9 001) allows you to create bright messages or handprints that disappear as they cool. The sheet is black at temperatures lower than 27°C. Room temperature is usually between 18-21°C but human contact such as hands, fingers and breath is warm enough to cause the sheet to change colour to a bright blue. The Thermocolour material comes as a 150mm x 150mm sheet but works just as well in smaller sections. What can you learn?
The self-adhesive sheet is printed with thermochromic liquid crystal ink that changes colour with heat applied. This could be used to demonstrate thermal conductivity or convection, heat dissipation and how liquid crystals work. The sheet could be used to make temperature indicators, jewellery or using some resistance wire (sold separately Order Code <N04EB
>BL64) and a small current you can demonstrate an advertising display.
||150 mm x 150 mm
||27 °C or higher
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.