Mindsets Smart Thermochromic Putty – 500g
• 500g of smart thermochromic putty
• Changes colour when heated, turns from orange at room temperature to yellow above 27°C (human contact or similar)
• Demonstrate the principles of non-Newtonian fluids with this putty that can flow or bounce depending on the forces acting on itWhat can the smart putty do?
Soft and flowing, bouncy and elastic this putty is fascinating. With its thermochromic make up the putty changes from an orange colour at room temperature (usually 18-21°C) to yellow in your hands. Stretch the putty slowly or snap it quick, bounce the putty on a surface or smash it with a sudden impact then find out why.
What can this teach?
Non-Newtonian fluids are a type of material that acts like a fluid when moved slowly and like a solid when impacted or moved quickly. The putty (233-050), properly known as visco-elastic polymer or dilatant compound, is perfect for demonstrating to a class or with 500g can be split into smaller amounts to experiment with.
||27 °C or higher
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.