Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Model B Raspberry Pi Advanced Kit with Wireless Keyboard
- Get involved with the Raspberry Pi phenomenon with the Advanced Kit from Maplin, it's the perfect way to begin experimenting and developing with the Raspberry Pi computer platform
- The kit includes an ultra slim and compact wireless keyboard with built in mouse touch pad, a Wi-Fi N150 dongle and the Iceberry protective case for your Pi
- The case and keyboard are a perfect way to use your Pi when attending a Jamboree, a coding after school club or just showing off your programming skills to friends
- Exempt from vouchers
- Limited stock may be available in some stores. Call us on 0844 557 6000 to check
Model B Raspberry Pi Advanced Kit with Wireless Keyboard
• The kit includes an ultra slim and compact wireless keyboard with built in mouse touch pad, a Wi-Fi N150 dongle and the Iceberry protective case for your Pi
• The case and keyboard are a perfect way to use your Pi when attending a Jamboree, a coding after school club or just showing off your programming skills to friends
• There is a PSU, a USB hub and the cables to connect to your HDMI TV
• The 8 GB SD card includes Raspberry Pi's official Wheezy operating system
• Full 1080p HD video output via HDMI, Standard AV from the RCA (phono) video output plus 3.5 mm audio output socket for virtually any TV or screen
• RJ45 10/100 network socket and two USB sockets on the Pi enhances connectivity
• The operating system includes LXDE desktop GUI, Midori web browser plus development tools such as Scratch and Python and example source code for various functions
• Ideal for getting youngsters enthused about programming and development or re-live your computer programming childhood
• To view our full range of Raspberry Pi kits and accessories please click hereRaspberry Pi OS Final PDF >>
What is it?
The Raspberry Pi Foundation developed this device to encourage children to learn to tinker with computing, both in software (there's plenty of free material available for the Pi to help you learn more about programming, whether you're a total beginner or already pretty experienced), and in hardware. This Kit comes with the Model B, has been developed to help children or you learn programming
The 26 pin GPIO port means you can easily connect sensors and electronics to your Pi board and develop your own computer code to control them. It’s got a powerful CPU at the heart of the board giving you amazing opportunities to be really creative with your code. You could write your own code to create games, music apps, video players. You can add electronics and build your own media centres, home automation or robotic projects. Just about anything that your imagination can think of you could build and program
There are various programming languages to choose from if you want to try the Pi; but the main ones you'll hear about are Python and Scratch. If you use the Official Foundation OS software then these programming languages are included.
Scratch is brilliant for children, and is most likely the very same 'language' that your children will learn first at school. Developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in America, Scratch is a graphical based language that allows children to build programs using graphical blocks of instructions, which at first sight may look very different to your perception of a programming language. However, underneath the cartoonish feel and the obligatory cat (that's Scratch himself) is a very powerful drag and drop language that can be used to build games, utilities, movies and lots more.
This kit comprises of the Original Pi Model B Board with a micro wireless keyboard with built in mouse track pad so you can go portable at Jamborees, Maker events or just to you friends hose and show off your code. We have provided an 8Gb SD featuring Raspbian, the official Pi operating system and protective case for the Pi board. All of the cables and power supplies are included in the box to get you started, just follow the instructions and you and your children can start programming. This kit represents fantastic value compared to buying the components separately and its a very convenient way to get acquainted with the Pi.
To download the latest software for your Pi or play around with alternative Operating Systems then click here
For instructions on how to install a Raspberry Pi Operating System please read this guide
|CPU||Broadcom BCM2835 SOC 700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S core|
|GPU||Broadcom VideoCore IV|
|Memory||512 MB (shared with GPU)|
|USB||2 Intergrated A sockets|
|Video||Composite RCA (PAL & NTSC) HDMI (1.3, 1.4) and DSI socket|
|Audio||HDMI and 3.5 mm socket|
|Storage||SD card slot|
|Power||Micro USB 5 V 700 mA for the Pi board. Kit supplied with 2.1 A PSU|
|Dimensions||85.60 x 53.98 mm|
|OS||Kit supplied with Wheezy Linux, certain other Linux, FreeBSD and RISC operating systems could be used|
|I/O||16-pin GPIO customisable pin array|
|Input||Slim UK layout keyboard with integrated mouse pad|
|USB||4 Port USB hub with power supply|
|Power||2 port USB PSU supplied with micro USB cable|
|Wi-Fi||N150 nano dongle|
|Supplied with gold-plated HDMI cable|
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 12 Reviews
Maplin's said that a 8 GB SD card was included preloaded with Wheezy. We got a 56MB card that had nothing on it.
I like the Raspberry Pi, but it has come to the stage where it will not show any response on the screen. The power light has come on and the activity light comes on when left powered off for 10 days, I've tryed plugging it in other tvs, and sockets but still no respone. I will take to maplin and say it's broken.
Awsome product. brilliant idea!
Awesome piece of kit
Awesome piece of kit easy to get to grips with with all the components in the box
Great kit and value for money
Really easy to set up, had this working in minutes. Great value for money as you get everything you need - plus the wireless keyboard and mouse work our the box and so easy to use.
I received the advanced kit for Christmas after dropping numerous hints over the past few months. Everything you need to get started is right there in the box with simple instructions on how to fire the old girl up for the first time and navigate to a familiar desktop style screen. From there it's down to you and your imagination, this is where the Pi differs from normal pc's as you do literally have to tell it what to do. I'm 32 years old and an electrical technician but found it totally absorbing and a brilliant way to ease yourself into the world of coding & programming. The only thing that can limit you is your mind and I would advise anyone still not quite sure whether or not to buy one to make the decision and buy one!
Such a good product. brilliant service!
Definitely a good kit for those who don't have the parts. just a little pricey for my liking The USB Wireless dongle is barely reusable on a non pi machine, and most people have a spare SD card / keyboard. Wish they sold the pi's on a stand alone basis. Either way, ranked 4/5 because its a solid kit, just the price doesn't sit right.
Kit good value for money and you are sure that the SD card has a working version Linux on it. I look at some tutorials on utube and inital set up of the SD card is not straight forward. The keypad / trackpad device works well but is very small and suited more to use in a media centre or web browser application if you are going to do some serious typing (Python programming) then you will need a standard keyboard. I had a problem with the HDMI signal and my TV, the guys in the shop were able to point me in the right direction to find the commands for configuring the HDMI output of the PI. The instrustion could give a bit more detail on what to do if thing do not work as expected.
I never thought you could do so much with a computer the size of a credit card.
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N34QG||Model B Raspberry Pi Advanced Kit with Wireless Keyboard||(1+)||£99.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect