MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Seahawk X 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 chipset with a base clock speed of 1607MHz and a 1797MHz boost speed
• 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 8Gbps, which provides incredible gaming performance
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI and HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320 pixels on each, 8K (UHD) supported
• Supports NVIDIA’s SLI HB Bridge for a two-way SLI solution that delivers silky-smooth gameplay
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – just check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• Integrated Corsair Hydro Series liquid cooler delivering increased cooling, efficiency and extended performance
• Three year’s manufacturer warranty
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360-degree gaming experience
• NVIDIA G-SYNC allows the card to synchronise with G-SYNC ready monitors to minimise display stutter and input lag
• MSI Afterburner overclocking utility lets you benchmark, overclock and even stream or record video game footage
• White LED logo adds a great visual effectTake on today’s most challenging graphics intensive PC games without missing a beat. The GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card delivers the incredible speed and power of NVIDIA Pascal™ the most advanced GPU architecture ever created. This is the ultimate gaming platform. #GameReady.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience a quantum leap in gaming with the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Seahawk X graphics card, which is powered by NVIDIA’s new Pascal architecture. The world’s most advanced GPU architecture delivers game-changing performance, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The card is power-efficient, with an 8-pin connector needed. It is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The Seahawks X GTX 1070 comes with ultra-fast FinFET and high-bandwidth GDDR5 technologies. This, combined with support for DirectX 12 features, gives you the fastest, smoothest, most power-efficient gaming experience – up to twice the performance and three times the efficiency compared to the GTX 900 series.
The card is able to accommodate the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors through the power of the new Pascal architecture. It is plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies. This means you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement with VRWorks Audio and physics and haptics working together to deliver a truly immersive gaming experience. NVIDIA GameWorks technologies provide smooth gameplay and cinematic experiences and through NVIDIA Ansel you are able to capture 360-degree in-game shots, even in VR. Perfected for gaming now and in the future, the card also supports Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.5.
What is the performance like on this card?
An impressive 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 8Gbps and a GPU (graphics processing unit) running at a 1607MHz base clock speed, 1797MHz boost, provides astonishing graphics-rendering performance. This means you can enjoy the latest games with settings maxed out. NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is embedded into the GTX 1070, which dynamically maximises clock speeds based on workloads and allows enthusiast-class controls such as temperature target and fan controls. The card also supports NVIDIA’s new SLI HB bridge, which doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell architecture to deliver silky-smooth gameplay and the ultimate performance. With these features, this card offers the best way to enjoy surround gaming.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with three DisplayPort, a dual-link DVI and HDMI ports provided. You’ll also be able to future proof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 7680 x 4320 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints. This will improve performance in VR and improve display accuracy when using NVIDIA Surround.
NVIDIA G-SYNC provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag. Additionally, NVIDIA GameStream lets you stream GeForce GTX gaming experience to portable devices like the NVIDIA Shield.
How well can I overclock this card and is software included?
MSI has equipped the card with various features to ensure it is well cooled and has excellent overclocking potential. Equipped with a Corsair Hydro liquid cooling system and a silent fan, the GTX 1070 keeps super cool under pressure. This will let you keep your card cool when playing the most advanced games and pushing your system to its limits.
MSI’s Afterburner software provides an intuitive interface for you to access detailed information about the card and allows you to tinker with almost all aspects of the card. You can also run Afterburner on your iOS or Android smartphone and use the built-in utility Kombustor to test stability and thermal performance. Additionally, Predator lets you capture in-game footage as still images or videos at a push of a button.
||NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070
|Video Memory Type
|Video Memory Capacity
|Memory Clock Speed
|Engine Clock Base
|Engine Clock Boost/max
|Virtual reality ready
|Number of slots taken up
|Number of DisplayPort outputs
|Display Port version
|Number of Mini Display Port outputs
|Min Display Port version
|Number of D-Sub outputs
|Number of DVI outputs
|Number of mini HDMI outputs
|Number of HDMI outputs
|Max number of displays
||7680 x 4320
||150w/ 8-pin x 1
|External power supply required?
|Minimum recommended power supply
|DirectX version support
|OpenGL Version Support
||Card: 111mm Cooler: 120mm
||Card: 270mm Cooler: 151mm
||Card: 40mm Cooler: 52mm
||Card: 1249g Boxed: 1742g
|Manufacturer part number
||GTX 1070 SEAHAWK X
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.