Netgear AC2600 Nighthawk X4S D7800 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
• Experience a range of wireless possibility with this simultaneous dual band router with MU-MIMO technology
• Wired gigabit connections (10/100/1000 Mbps) and wireless speeds of up to 1,733Mbps
• Dual core 1.4Ghz processor ensures that quick responses occurs when running network heavy applications throughout your home
• Four gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) sockets allow you to keep wired devices running at maximum efficiency
• Two USB 3.0 ports and an e-SATA port allows you to share media and back up your computer, with Time Machine compatible
• Easy to set up parental controls and guest access
• Monitor, control and repair your network through the Netgear Genie app for Android, iOS and desktops
• Full VPN and FTP services built-in
• Dynamic QoS (quality of service) prioritises traffic by application and device to reduce buffering and lag
• Four external amplified antennas and beamforming provide you with an ultimate range that is stronger and more focused
• MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) compatible – simultaneous streaming to mobile devices, helping to improve speeds when multiple wireless users are communicating with the routerWould this router be the right one for my home?
This dual band router is a perfect addition for busy and large homes, providing you with fast and reliable Wi-Fi. Running on the second wave of AC technology, you are provided with wireless speeds of up to 800 Mbps on 2.4Ghz and 1,733Mbps on 5GHz. In addition, four gigabit 10/100/1000 LAN (Ethernet/RJ45) sockets ensure that all your wired devices are running at maximum efficiency. The Netgear Nighthawk X4S can not only be used with modems, but also with BT landline Internet service providers (ISPs) that require a DSL/RJ11 connection, for universal compatibility.
How does the Wave 2 AC technology improve wireless speeds and efficiency?
If your home router or your ISP provided modem router is just not up to your needs, this is a great router to look to as an upgrade. The AC2600 (800 + 1733) gives you two simultaneous bands to use, reducing interference and providing you with a faster dedicated band (5Ghz) you can use for streaming videos or gaming. A dynamic QoS built into the router helps to prioritise traffic for high data applications like Netflix streaming or gaming, to ensure minimal buffering and lag.
The beamforming technology used by the router helps to direct Wi-Fi signals in the direction of the wireless device, increasing Wi-Fi range and unnecessary interference. MU-MIMO technology also increases speeds when multiple devices are connected to the router by giving the router the ability to stream to up to three devices at the same time. This helps to improve efficiency, by reducing the need for devices to queue up before receiving more data.
What is the wired connection like?
If the wireless capabilities are not what you want for your gaming or steaming needs, then you can go for a wired connection, with four gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports available. With a dual core 1.4Ghz processer and gigabit Ethernet, you can be sure to receive quick responses when running heavy duty applications.
How can I backup and share media?
If you already have a dedicated storage device for backups you can connect it up to the Netgear D7800 to create a networked backup storage device. The router has two UBS 3.0 sockets and an e-SATA port, giving you plenty of options to add more devices. You can use the free ReadyShare Vault PC software to initiate automatic backups, and there is support for Time Machine for your Apple devices.
The Netgear Nighthawk X4S supports DLNA media streaming, which means you can access and play your media on your TV, game console or media player (as long as it is connected to the same network). Being iTunes compatible too means you can play music stored onto the networked USB device using AirPlay or Apple Remote. You can also securely access your home network and network drive from anywhere around the world with the VPN setting. Alternatively, you can create a customised Internet link for all your transfer needs with the personal FTP server feature.
What parental controls and app functionality do I get?
Easily set up parental controls allow you to restrict access to the Internet for your young children and add restrictions by device too. A guest network can be established, so you don’t need to disclose your personal home Wi-Fi password. Both of these features can be changed and setup through the Netgear Genie app. Performing speed tests, sharing music or videos, monitoring and adjusting the router can all be done through the Netgear Genie app, making it a perfect addition to the Netgear Nighthawk X4S.
||AC Wireless – 802.11ac/n/g/b/a
||800 Mbps 2.4Ghz, 1733 Mbps 5Ghz
|Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports
||5 (1 WAN and 4 LAN)
|Media Streaming DLNA ready
||2 x USB 3.0
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.