Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Netgear Universal Single Band N300 WiFi Adapter
• Connects to any existing 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi access point, gateway or router• Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® for easy installation• Dynamic LEDs display real-time network connection status• Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK) and WEP• One (1) Ethernet port to connect to home A/V devicesConnects any device with a network port to existing Home Wireless Network. Great for - HDTVs, game consoles, Blu-ray players, DVR's and more. If connected to a device with an in-built 10/100 LAN port, then this will restrict the adapter to a maximum operating speed of 100Mbps. However, if it is connected to a Gigabit (often referred to as 10/100/1000) LAN port, the adapter is capable of operating at a maximum wireless speed of 300Mbps, dependant on the wireless signal strength. This makes the product ideal for streaming multimedia in a high-speed home or commercial wireless network, or for enhancing the speed of data transfer between your games console that is pre-fitted with an older 54g (54Mbps) wireless chipset (such as a Playstation 3) and your N300 or N150 router.
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 19 Reviews
Easy to set up and it works as described but the range is poor. I bought this device having read an answer to the question of it's range on the Maplin site which indicated 20m. However, the instructions in the box (but not on the outside) suggest it should be placed in line of sight. I wanted it to transmit CCTV signals to an adjacent room but the signal was weak and kept dropping out.
Works great, even on a switch!
Bought this because broadband router is in the hall and I didn't want to run extension cables through to the lounge for my NAS drive and Vodafone Suresignal which need a wired connection. Installation took about 1 minute. Plugged it in, pressed the WPS button, pressed the button on the router and bingo, it was working. Connected it to a 5 port Netgear switch and now my laptop, NAS and suresignal are all connected on my desk by cable, with a wireless link to the router. Works a treat! Very pleased!
Great Device, easy setup
I purchased this item for my grandparents after they purchased a panasonic smart tv, We looked around for different soloutions as the router was not close to the tv and we didnt want lots of cables, after the panasonic wifi being unavailable we purchased this, it is very reliable and its great not to have to use a external power supply, I would reccomend
A network item that is so easy to set-up. If you don't use the WPS button, many routers don't have them, just connect it to your PC. Open Internet Explorer and it takes you to the set-up page so you can connect it to your wireless router. Once done plug into whatever you intend to use if for (in my case Sky+ HD box) and it works. Infact you can then plug it into any device you have that has an Ethernet connection after the first set-up and it will work. Buy it now.
Great little bit of kit, especially for the price. Got one of these as my powerline network wasn't running as fast as I would have liked. Hooked up to my wireless network easily (running a draytek 2820vn router) and plugged it into the 6 port switch that had been connected to the powerline network. Getting connection speeds of 250-300Mbps, so pretty much top wireless-N speed. That's one room across, and one floor down from the router location.
The only thing I did find was that having the router set up to allocate fixed IP addresses to the clients connected to the bridge via the switch caused DNS problems so no internet. Removing the fixed IP for those clients seems to have resolved this, with only fixed IP for the actual netgear bridge. Now all working perfectly, so much so I got a second one for sky antyime+ upstairs, and to give better connection speeds than the wireless G inbuilt in the PS3.
Fit for purpose and easy to install
Couldn't be any easier to set up. Had it configured in 10 minutes and plugged into my music server and working in 15 minutes. Fantastic for streaming music around the house to older non-wireless AV kit.
Easy to set up, reliable, and a good price. Superb
Does what it says on the tin. Works brilliantly with both my Sony Bluray player and Sky+HD box. So good, I have ordered a second one! Easy to configure on my laptop - just remember to disable the laptop Wi-Fi first. A doddle to set up and even easier to use.
Arrived promptly. Does what it says on the tin; ideal for Sky anytime +
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N96JC||Netgear Universal Single Band N300 WiFi Adapter||(1+)||£49.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9500 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9500.