NFC PN532 Shield for Arduino
• Add NFC (near field communication) contact support for your Arduino projects
• Develop bespoke projects, great for access control
• Built in PCB (printed circuit board) antenna granting a max distance of 5cm
• Provides stacking headers to allow further use with additional shields and breakoutsWhat is the NFC PN532 Shield?
NFC (near field communication) allows the close radio communication of two compatible devices when held next to each other, the shield being one of them. This shield can read NFC communications from a range of devices, allowing you to control access, or trigger other events using unique NFC identification numbers. This NFC shield comes pre-equipped with an antenna built into the PCB (printed circuit board) itself which has a maximum range of 50mm.
You can connect this breakout board to your Arduino by SPI, depending on your development board you may find the pins vary so be sure to check your board’s pinout.
As a shield, this enables you to attach it to most Arduino related development boards that have the same pin layout. Connect to development boards without the need of jump leads or soldering, maximising the amount of space you have to work with while maintaining a tidy finish. This shield is a middle layer shield, as it uses stacking pins so you can add further breakouts and shields.
Get the most out of your project
Selected mobile devices will come equipped with NFC functionality, and can be used to communicate with this shield. A range of NFC compatible cards and tags, NXP Mifare, can be used with this shield.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.