Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Nikkai 2.4GHz SCART/Phono Audio/Video Sender Kit
- Send digital TV or other video signal upstairs or to another room without using cables
- Compatible with practically any video source (DVD, TV, satellite, PC, etc)
- Ideal for use with Freeview, free-to-air, Freesat and Sky TV boxes
- Limited stock may be available in some stores. Call us on 0844 557 6000 to check
Nikkai 2.4GHz SCART/Phono Audio/Video Sender Kit
• Compatible with practically any video source with a SCART or Phono connection (DVD, TV, satellite, Cable, PC, etc)• PAL and NTSC compatible• Very easy to set up• Box Contents: 1 x Transmitter, 1 x Receiver, 1 x Transmitter SCART Lead, 1 x Receiver SCART Lead, 1 x Remote Eye, 2 x Mains Power Adapters, 1 x Manual.Simply plug the transmitter into the source device (DVD, satellite receiver, etc) and the receiver into the SCART socket of the TV. The audio and video will then be transmitted from the source device to the second TV wirelessly. For maximum convenience, the unit also relays signals from your remote control back to the source so you can use your remote to change channels from the other room.You can receive the transmission in extra rooms in your property if you have a receiver in each of these rooms - Spare receiver Order Code: A86CR.Please note: The transmission distance is dependent on the construction of the building you are using it in. In modern 3 bedroom houses with partition (dry) walls typically you will be able to transmit anywhere in the house. However buildings with all brick construction will sometimes see a reduction in the range possible and with stone built houses transmission may only be possible to adjacent rooms.
|AV transmit frequency:||2.4GHz|
|Remote control frequency:||433.92 MHz|
|AV signal range:||100 metres (328 feet) clear line of sight|
|Remote control signal range:||70 metres (230 feet) clear line of sight|
|Antenna:||Built-in omni-directional antenna|
|Channel:||3 selectable channels|
|Audio:||Stereo audio input and output|
|Video:||Composite video input and output|
|Dimensions:||13(w) x 3.2(h) x 10.5(d) cm|
|Weight:||160g each for transmitter/receiver|
|Power:||DC 9V (300mA)|
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 22 Reviews
I bought this because I wanted to view my SKY in my bedroom. From the start it was very easy to set up but I found that the receive signal on the TV picture had interference I tried switching off all ligts in the house that are controlled by dimmer switches. Made no difference. Then realised that the problem was caused by my Netgear ADSL modem had wireless switched on. Disabled wireless and interference disappeared. Dont buy if you use want to use wireless networking in the house..... moderator note: If a customer has a wireless network set up in their property Maplin usually recommend looking at 5.8Ghz senders as these are less likely to clash with the 2.45Ghz network transmission.
Had to return this as although well within the stated range of the product (about 15 feet away, one floor up) the picture quality was grainy with scrolling horizontal lines and the audio was very crackly, rendering it pretty much unwatchable. Turning off the wireless did nothing, moving the arials did nothing, switching between the 4 available transmission channels did nothing either.
Easy to set up and very good picture from lounge to dining room. Very pleased with product
Followed the installation instructions,had sound and was able to change channels but couldnt get a picture. Returned item and got a refund.
this suffers too much interference. best to purchase 5.8 video sender.
Disappointed - picture quality from my Sky box is degraded noticeably - regardless of the sender channel selected.
moderator note: these units function on 2.4Ghz frequency, if there are a lot of wirerless sources around such as wireless routers etc. they are likely to cause interference which willl degrade picture quality noticably. In cases of interference we recommmend using our 5.8Ghz range of video senders as an alternative.
does what it says on the box, but range may be limited by solid walls.
Was really easy to set up, what a pity that i couldn't get a picture at all and the sound quality was poor. The sender was in the living room and the receiver in a bed room upstairs, not that far but the signal just isn't strong enough.
Since receiving the video sender a couple of weeks ago, I have carried out a number of tests. I am reasonably happy with the results with a standard 625 line TV signal but disappointed that the sender seems unable to cope with the output of a fairly respectable CCTV camera using the 1/4" Sony CCD chip - 537H x 597V, 420 lines, 50Hz. The problem seems to be associated with its inability to sync with a non-standard picture format. Bang goes the idea of using the camera and video sender to monitor bird nests in the garden! Bit of a shame, really.
Easy set up - picture quality good - slight interference so position of sender/receiver and choice of transmitting channel important. For the price a good solution - we use it to send tv signal from a sky box to the kitchen - quite happy with the item.
QuestionsAsk a Question
7 of 7 Questions
Ben Plunket said:
Is this liable to interference from other devices?
Ken Tucky said:
Are additional receivers available for this item?
Mike Hunt said:
Does this work with Sky/Virgin remote controls?
Alan Taylor said:
Will this function with a V+ Virgin box?
Ian Harris said:
can you supply additional receivers for the Audio/Video Sender Kit 2727
Lee Thomas said:
Once the receiver is set up in an additional room to receive sky tv, are you able to change channels on the slave tv through the existing slave tv remote or do you have to use the sky remote.
G Grace said:
Will I get interference from a wireless router?
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|L24AU||Nikkai 2.4GHz SCART/Phono Audio/Video Sender Kit||(1+)||£34.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect