Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Nikkai SCART to HDMI Convertor 1080p
- Plug-n-play, high performance SCART to HDMI convertor
- Converts analogue video, audio into complete HDMI
- 1 x SCART input types: CVBS/y/c (PAL, NTSC), RGB (480i, 576i) S-video PAL (576i) NTSC (480i)
- Limited stock may be available in some stores. Call us on 0844 557 6000 to check
Nikkai SCART to HDMI Convertor 1080p
• Converts analogue video, audio into complete HDMI
• 1 x SCART input types: CVBS/y/c (PAL, NTSC), RGB (480i, 576i) S-video PAL (576i) NTSC (480i)
• 1 x HDMI output resolutions: 480P, 720P 1080P
• Synchronised image and sound
• Compliant with HDMI 1.3 HDCP 1.2 and DVI 1.0
• Supports HDTV formats
• Works with SCART DVD players, old Sky STB’s, Nintendo Wii, HDTVs and projectors
• Compact and robust metal casing bodyEasily upgrade your home entertainment systems to HD-quality output with the SCART to HDMI Convertor. This easy-to-use superior build device works well for both professional and home users. A high-performance system, the SCART to HDMI converter supports HDTV formats, and works with CVBS/y/c (PAL, NTSC), RGB (480i, 576i) S-video PAL (576i) NTSC (480i) inputs, offering a choice of HDMI resolutions, including 480P, 720P and 1080P. For instance, you can connect the SCART connection of your Nintendo Wii and convert it to HDMI, for viewing in true-to-life quality on any HDMI connected display.
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 13 Reviews
Noisy fan replacement
I have found a quieter replacement for the fan.
It is a Fastrax FAST36-5.
This unit has no ventilation. You can not extract air from a sealed box.
What comes out must also go in.
I am going to drill some ventilation holes in the box to aid the air flow.
This is a rubbish design.
I returned my unit to Maplins for a replacement because of the fan noise which appeared after 2 days.
Otherwise the unit worked well.
The replacement was exactly the same, unbearable fan noise after 2 hours use.
The problem is in the fan bearings.
If you oil the bearings, it stays quiet for about a week. I've been trying to find a replacement fan 30mm 5 volt fan but no luck so far.
for use on old game consoles
RETRO GAMERS: i purchased this in the hope i could connect my old Snes and megadrive upto my current digital HD tv. sadly this does not work and it will only produce sound with a frozen flickering picture. have shopped at maplin since i was 15 and as usual they were fine to deal with for returning product. catherine at the portsmouth store was more than helpful as usual. a shame this time maplin could not solve this problem i had with connections but as of yet it seems not many companies can. 3 stars for size, firm connections. i didnt find it loud at all and my hearing is fine for a 30 yr old.
Fan is noisy
I'd reiterate the other negative comments on this. The fan is noisy, the video was an unnatural colour, the audio and video were not synced and because of the way the unit has to be set up I can imagine lots of problems with buttons being accidentally pressed at the front which change the settings. There have to be good products which solve this problem. Unfortunately this is not one of them.
well thank you worthing maplins went in to get the scart to hdmi convertor a little worried about some of the feed back about noise on the fan boy o boy what a great bit of kit works wonders to bring my old vcr/ dvd recorder to life to match with my new tv so no worries for me and again great and friendly staff and you can have a laugh with people that know their stuff thank you so much from trev in east preston
I echo all the negative reviews by others. Not only does the integral fan (that isn't mentioned in the blurb) sound like a hair dryer on the blink, but the picture was rubbish; colour was off, it flickered a lot and all in all actually made things worse. I wasn't expecting blu-ray standard but for the price I expected something half decent. I cannot mince my words, avoid this like the plague.
I had an international sky box and needed to connect to my new Samsung TV., At the same time, I needed to connect my sky box, my DVD player and other gizmo's. I bought this with the 3 in 1 scart plug system and so far it has been perfect, albeit a noisy fan. However, dont seem to notice it when totally engrossed on my programs! Would definitely recommend this to those who have old TV accessories running on SCART, so they have an option of keeping these things when upgrading to a new TV!
The converter is well engineered and does work although in my case intermittently. It also has a fan which is not mentioned and this is quite noisy. Overall I've been disappointed with its performance and the need to power off and on several times before it works.
Yes, it does upscale but darkened picture considerably. Also, for its small size it has a very intrusive noisy fan. I cannot recommend this product.
Neat package and not too big but noisy cooling fan and picture quality can be a bit sketchy at best although when you see a still image it is sharp and clear. Shame that as soon as you get a bit of movement it goes to pot. Images across the screen tend to ghost and strobe, definitely not smooth. Colours are good though and if you don't sit too close to the screen it's not so bad. Mixed feelings about this and whether to take it back or not.
QuestionsAsk a Question
4 of 4 Questions
Will this connect a Now box to a TV with scart connector only.
Dan w said:
Would this work as we have a xbox 1 but the kids tv only has scart lead connection on the back off the tv
Will this convertor output 1080 59.94i? Cheers
Will this work for an old ps1 ?
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N32JQ||Nikkai SCART to HDMI Convertor 1080p||(10+)||£41.99|
|N32JQ||Nikkai SCART to HDMI Convertor 1080p||(5+)||£44.99|
|N32JQ||Nikkai SCART to HDMI Convertor 1080p||(1+)||£44.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect