• Present in a variety of lighting conditions thanks to the 2,800 lumens output
• Establish a screen that is up to 300 inches wide at a distance of 12m with the throw ratio being 1.97 to 2.17:1
• SVGA (800 x 600) resolution and 4:3 native aspect ratio gives you a good square image, with 16:9 available too
• 13,000:1 contrast ratio provides you with a great selection of colour shades and clearer text
• Lamp lasts for approximately 4,500 hours and can be increased to 6,500 hours with the Eco+ setting
• Connect old or new devices with HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-Video, USB (for remote mouse), two 3.5mm jack and RS232 ports
• View your content on another monitor by connecting it to the additional VGA output socket
• Built-in 2W mono speaker means you do not need to add your own speakers to the projector
• 3.5mm jack output can be used to listen to the projected content privately or used to connect the projector to your own audio system
• Present without being disturbed, with the projector producing 26dBA of sound under the Eco setting
• Mount to the ceiling to reduce the amount of open space needed to give the projector an undisrupted line of sightSpecial features
• Watch in incredible 3D by using DLP Link 3D glasses (not included) and connecting your 3D source
• Share videos, music, pictures and documents from your smartphone or laptop wirelessly with the use of Optoma’s WPS dongle (not included)
• Correct image distortions caused by projecting at an angle through the use of manual vertical keystone correction
• Various energy saving settings help to reduce power consumption and therefore extending the lamp’s lifespanWhat can I use this projector for?
Whether you’re looking to present in the classroom or in the office, this Optoma DS330 has a number of features and connections that make it ideal for both environments. A 2,700 lumen output and 13,000:1 contrast ratio deliver clear and bright imagery with a great variety of colour shades. Capable of outputting in 3D, bring another dimension of learning to the classroom. All you need to do is connect your 3D source (for example a 3D Blu-ray player) to the projector and wear DLP Link 3D glasses (sold separately, for example Order Code: N85EJ
. The projector can turn on and off in less than 10 seconds, so you can be up and running in no time at all. Built-in is a 2W mono speaker that gives you good quality sound and a 3.5mm audio jack output allows you to run the projector sound on your own audio system, or use headphones for private entertainment. How does this projector do in environments that have ambient lighting?
Being in the office or classroom there is very little you can do to make sure that the room is 100% pitch black. 2,700 lumens of bright light allows you to present in rooms that have a various lighting conditions, so you won’t have to worry about making the room completely dark. The contrast ratio of 13,000:1 supplies you with a clear image that has a great spectrum of colour shading and detailing. This projector produces a good square image due to the SVGA (800 x 600 pixels) resolution and native 4:3 aspect ratio. You can make the image widescreen by setting the aspect ratio to 16:9, however this will create a ‘letterbox’ effect around the projected image.How large can I make the screen size?
At a distance of approximately 2.5m, you can create a 60 inch screen for you to start your presentations. The projector can be positioned as far back as 12m to give you a screen size of 300 inches – perfect for use in an auditorium. Mounting the projector on the ceiling removes the need for you to clear the projectors line of sight, reducing the likelihood of someone disturbing the presentation when they need to leave the room. If you position the projector so that it isn’t perpendicular to the screen you may experience distortions in the projected image (keystone effect), but a manual vertical keystone feature is included for electronically correcting any such effect. What ports are available to connect my devices?
Old or new devices can be connected to this projector, with an HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-video, USB, two 3.5mm audio jack and RS232 ports located at the back of the projector. Using a USB B to A cable (not included) between this projector and a computer gives you the ability to manipulate your computer through this the included controller. The RS232 port can be used to control the projector from a distance, this is done by using a RS232 cable (not included) between it and a computer terminal. A VGA output port allows you to send your projected content to another screen, for multiple viewing.
Plugging Optima’s wireless WPS dongle (sold separately) into the VGA port and powering it with the supplied power adapter lets you wireless transmit your content to the projector. Installing the software on your Windows or Mac OSX 10.5 and above computer is all you need to get started. Alternatively, you can install the MirrorOp Presenter app on your Android and iOS devices, so you can share ideas with your audience and control any presentations with common finger gestures.How can I ensure that my lamp last for as long as possible?
Replacing a projector’s lamp can be expensive, but this projector has features that can be enabled to prolong the lifespan of the lamp for as long as possible. Without any settings turned on, the lamp will last 4,500 hours with the projector on its brightest setting. Dynamic mode dims the lamp brightness and lowers power consumption automatically based on the level of light needed for the content it is projecting, increasing the lifespan to 6,000 hours. Similarly, Eco+ mode does the same but reduces lamp power by up to 70 percent during periods of inactivity, boosting the lamp’s life to 6,500 hours. You can also set the projector to turn off if it doesn’t detect a source for a set period of time, to ensure that the projector isn’t inadvertently left on.