• Bright 3,000 lumens output allows you to watch and present in meeting rooms or classrooms that have various lighting conditions
• Throw ratio of 1.97 to 2.17:1 lets you create a screen that is up to 300 inches wide at a distance of 12m
• Obtain a good square image thanks to the SVGA (800 x 600) resolution and 4:3 native aspect ratio, with 16:9 available too
• 20,000:1 contrast ratio provides you with sharp graphics and clear text, making presentations more effective
• Lamp has a life span of 4,500 hours, which can be extended to 7,000 hours under the Eco+ setting
• Connect old or new devices with a variety of ports including HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-Video, USB (for remote mouse), two 3.5mm jack and RS232
• Send your projected content to another monitor through the additional VGA output and charge a smart device through the USB port
• 2W mono speaker delivers good quality sound, so you don’t have to connect it to an external sound system
• Obtain a larger sound output by connecting your sound system via the 3.5mm jack output
• Remain undisturbed when presenting with this projector producing 26dB of audible sound under the Eco setting
• Can be mounted to the ceiling to reduce the amount of space needed to give the projector a perfect line of sightSpecial features
• 3D capable, use DLP Link 3D glasses (not included) to start viewing in 3D
• Connect Optoma’s WPS dongle (sold separately) to stream videos and music, and share photos and documents from your smartphone or laptop
• Manual vertical keystone correction fixes image distortions caused by the projector not being positioned perpendicular to the screen
• Various energy saving settings help to reduce power consumption and therefore extending the lamp’s lifespanCan I watch in 3D with this projector?
If you are looking for a projector to use in a meeting room or classroom then this Optoma S313 would be a great option for you. It is able to generate a bright 3,000 lumens of light, which combines with its 20,000:1 contrast ratio to project clear images with the finest shadow detailing picked out in your presentations. The projector comes 3D ready, which means all you need to do is connect your 3D source device (for example a 3D Blu-ray player) to the projector and wear DLP Link 3D glasses (sold separately, for example Order Code: N85EJ
, to bring the excitement of 3D viewing to the classroom. It takes less than 10 seconds to power up and shutdown, saving you valuable time before your presentations. A 2W speaker offers you good quality sound, and the 3.5mm audio jack output on the back of the projector, gives you the opportunity to increase the sound output by using your own audio system.Can I use this projector in environments that are not completely dark?
Present in a variety of lighting conditions, day or night, with 3,000 lumens of light projected out by this Optoma S313. The contrast ratio of 20,000:1 gives you clear images with superb colour shading, leading to sharp graphics and clear text. This makes it easier for people sitting at the back of the classroom to see the presentations slides. SVGA (800 x 600 pixels) resolution and native 4:3 aspect ratio provides you with a good square image, with the possibility of making the screen widescreen available through the 16:9 aspect ratio. A ‘letterbox’ effect will be present under the 16:9 aspect ratio selection, however.How large can I make the screen size?
At a distance of approximately 2.5m you can create a 60 inch screen for you to start your presentations. The projector can be positioned as far back as 12m to give you a screen size of 300 inches, perfect for use in an auditorium. Mounting the projector on the ceiling removes the need for you to clear the projectors line of sight, reducing the likelihood of someone disturbing the presentation when they need to leave the room. If you position the projector so that it isn’t perpendicular to the screen you may experience distortions in the projected image (keystone effect), but a manual vertical keystone feature is included for electronically correcting any such effect. What ports are available to connect my devices?
Old or new devices can be connected to this projector, with an HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-video, USB, two 3.5mm audio jack and RS232 ports located at the back of the projector. Using a USB B to A cable (not included) between this projector and a computer, gives you the ability to manipulate your computer through the included controller. The RS232 port can be used to control the projector from a distance using a RS232 cable (not included) between it and a computer terminal.
A VGA output port allows you to send your projected content to another screen, for multiple viewings. In addition, a USB output socket at the back of the projector can be used to charge a variety of USB devices, with the port able to provide 5V of power at 1A.
Plugging Optima’s wireless WPS dongle (sold separately) into the VGA port of and powering it with the supplied power adapter, lets you wireless transmit your content to the projector. Installing the software on your Windows or Mac OSX 10.5 and above computer is all you need to get started. Alternatively, you can install the MirrorOp Presenter app on your Android and iOS devices, so you can share ideas with your audience and control any presentations with common finger gestures.How am I able to increase my lamp’s life?
Replacing any projector’s lamp can be unexpected and costly expend, but there are a number of settings that you can implement to ensure that your lamp lasts for as long as possible. You can set the projector to automatically turn off after a set period of time when no source is detected, so that the projector isn’t left running when not needed. Use the Eco mode to dim the projector’s lamp, lowering power consumption and extend the lamp life from 4,500 hours to 6,000 hours. Dynamic mode dims the lamp automatically on the basis of what level of brightness is needed for the content displayed, with the adjustment on power between 100% and 30%, and increases lamp life to 6,500 hours. Similarly, Eco+ does the same, but adjusts the power between 80% and 30%, which extends the life to 7,000 hours.