Philips Hue Ambiance White LED Smart Light Bulb Starter Kit – E27
• The Philips Hue White Ambience range lets you operate lights through an app or with your voice via the Philips Hue Bridge
• Simply install the Hue Bridge and lights, then download the app to control your lights from anywhere
• Compatible with Amazon Echo and Apple HomeKit
• One portable dimmer switch to control the lights without a smart device
• Operating on 9W of energy, great for saving energy
• Screws into any standard E27 connection
• With different shades of white ranging from warm to cold, you can customise your home lighting to your liking
• The Philips Hue app is available for Android and iOS devices
• Lasts for up to 15,000 hours, with an A-grade energy efficiency rating thanks to the LED technology used
• Create your favourite lighting scenes and save them for ease of use
• Compatible with Apple HomeKit and other Apple HomeKit enabled devices such as the Fitbit and JawboneWhat can I do with this kit?
If you want to control your lights wirelessly from anywhere around the world, then this starter kit is the perfect choice for you. The Hue light bulbs communicate with a central Hue Bridge, which then gives you the ability to turn your lights off and on, and also change brightness of the bulb. A selection of shades is available, allowing you to create everything from a vibrant and lively lighting around your home to a subdued and calming atmosphere, whatever best suits your mood and personality.
How can I control this kit?
The Philips Hue app lets you control your lighting in a number of different ways. You can create your favourite combinations to save for later, or schedule lights to turn on while you are away. You can even set the lights to gradually increase in intensity as you normally wake up, giving you a gentle and refreshing way to start each morning. The app works with Apple iOS 8 or later devices and Android 2.3 or later devices.
The Philips Hue can also work with IFTTT (If This Then That). This lets you link the Hue to react to certain tasks from apps, websites and devices. For example you could set the light bulbs to change when your favourite football team scores a goal.
How is the different to other Philips Hue kits?
The main difference between this Philips Hue model and its predecessors is the inclusion of voice control. Since the included Hue Bridge is Apple HomeKit compatible, you can ask Siri to turn lights off or on, and dim the brightness and more. If you own an Apple TV, you can also control the lights through your voice when you are not at home. This feature only works with Apple iOS 9 or later devices.
Integration with other smart devices - Nest
Philips Hue products can talk to any Nest products you may have. If your Nest cam detects no movement or noise in a room, it can tell your Philip Hue bulbs to start to fade off. This helps to save you energy and money.
What is the life span like on the included bulbs?
Using LED technology, the light bulbs can operate for up to 15,000 hours. They have an A-grade energy efficiency rating, providing you with low energy costs and a long lasting light bulb.
How easy is this kit to install?
Setting up the Hue Bridge takes a matter of moments. All you need to do is screw the lights into any standard E27 Edison screw cap light fitting and then download the app. The whole installation process is simple and straightforward. Once installed setting up the control requires the Hue Bridge (not included) and downloading the Hue App.
Up to 50 Philips Hue lights and accessories can be connected to one Hue Bridge. This kit will work with any existing Philips Hue light bulbs and accessories you may have, so you don’t have to start rebuilding your existing collection of Philips Hue products. Settings from the previous Hue Bridge can be transferred over to your new Hue Bridge too, giving you access to scenes and light settings that you have already configured to your preference.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.