Pi Uninterruptable Power Supply
• Clean Shutdown upon loss of external power supply
• Configurable time until shutdown
• Restart after external power source is available again
• Full software support
• Complete access to GPIO and I2C bus
• Remote monitoring support
• Onboard LED's to monitor statusThe Pi UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) guarantees the operation of your Raspberry Pi by using regular AA batteries (see illustration). In the event of power failure the Pi UPS can either shut down your Raspberry Pi properly or continue keep it running until external power is available again. So there is no risk of data loss and system damage. Running applications on the Raspberry Pi are thus permanently protected.
The Pi UPS also works with the Beaglebone from Texas Instruments and other microcontrollers like the popular Arduino.
If the Raspberry Pi is used in a car to connect electronic equipment via USB ports, a proper shutdown is guaranteed as soon as the engine is turned off. Whenever the ignition is restarted, the Raspberry Pi will reboot too.
If the Raspberry Pi is connected to a TV, e.g. a XBMC Media Center with Internet access, all currently running applications will be shut down and terminated properly as soon as the TV is turned off. Once the TV is turned on again, the Raspberry Pi restarts too.
The CW2. software package includes, among others, a diagnostics module to control the supplied voltage. A monitoring tool provides information when the external power drops and thus becomes critical. An internal statistic evaluates data on these power supply movements.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.