• A Picade arcade style cabinet in kit form for you to build at home
• Play old school arcade games at home without the expense of a large cabinet
• Features arcade-style buttons and joystick
• Contains a Picade PCB, preloaded with Picade software
• Total build time of approximately two hours
• Requires a Raspberry Pi to operate
• Assembled dimensions: 305mm x 292mm x 400mmWhat is the Picade?
The Picade is a great way to play all of your favourite retro arcade games at home without taking up the room or costing as much as a full-sized arcade cabinet. If you grew up in the era of arcade halls or even in the era of 8-bit and 16-bit games, then this console is for you. The package includes the Picade PCB and arcade-style buttons and joystick to give you a realistic feel.What makes this different to the Picade Console?
The Picade cabinet comes as one complete cabinet unit which gives you an authentic feel of a retro arcade without the space being required for a full-sized version. It comes with an 8-inch LCD screen which allows you to load and play your games in one complete unit.How easy is the Picade to build?
The Picade is easy to build and will take approximately two hours to complete. All you require to build the cabinet is a cross-head (pozi) screwdriver and a small flat-head screwdriver for the Picade PCB screw terminals.What will I need to start using the Picade?
You will require only a few items to start using the Picade. The two screwdrivers mentioned above and a Raspberry Pi. We would recommend the Raspberry Pi 2 or Raspberry Pi 3, as the extra processing power gives a great performance when running emulators.
N02EB - Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Quad Core
N01EB - Raspberry Pi 2 Model B w/ NOOBS
N45EE - Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Quad Core
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.