Picoboard for Scratch®
• USB Plug and Play sensor array for Scratch®
• Works with both downloadable and online Scratch® environments *
• Ideal for learning about real-world input into programming
• Slider: Controls the slider value
• Light Sensor: Changes the light sensor value depending on the amount of light it detects
• Button: Can be pressed to control the button pressed value (true or false)
• Sound Sensor: Changes the sound value depending on the amount of sound it detects
• Alligator Clips: Changes the value of various variables that detect whether the alligator clips are connected, and how much resistance each connection hasThis Picoboard is a piece of hardware that allows your Scratch projects to interact with the outside world. Unique programming ‘blocks’ allow for easy inclusion of sensor feedback into your program. Specially designed to bring extra fun into your child’s learning of programming techniques and understanding of technology.
The board itself contains a slider (linear potentiometer), light sensor, audio sensor, four crocodile clip resistance sensors and a pushbutton. It connects to your computer via USB and has a standard micro-USB connection on the board. This is the only product you need to get sensor input into your projects.
Designed for educators and beginners, the Picoboard for Scratch® is a great way to expand your child’s potential as a programmer, and a fantastic driver for new ideas and possibilities for programming.
*Driver download may be required (free)
® Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab - See http://scratch.mit.edu . Scratch is a trademark of MIT.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.