PiLite - Lots of LEDs for the Raspberry Pi
• Fun and practical with task such as display your emails or tweets in real time, scroll messages that can be seen at a distance
• Open source firmware with option to build in extra functions
• Multi function - Scroll text, bar graph, VU meter & graphics
• 14 x 9 matrix of LEDs
• It's serial so can be used with any TTL micro, radio or PC interface
• Dimensions: 85mm x 55mm x 13.7mm
• Low current consumption 49mA maximumThe Pi Lite is a large LED matrix display for scrolling text and graphics. It's an exciting way to get a Raspberry Pi to do something physical and fun. It's an easy plug in add on, so no soldering or special skills are required.
The Pi Lite mixes the highly popular Arduino "Lots of LED's" shield by Jimmy Rogers with the world of the Raspberry Pi. Using standard serial communications (@9600bps), it's really simple to send text and graphics to the 126 LED's. The matrix is powered from an ATMega328p processor which means all the processing of driving the 126 LED's is off loaded from the Pi's processor. This frees the Pi's processor and GPIO for other functions.
• On board ATMega328p
• High quality gold plated PCB
• 126 White LEDS
• Data is driven by the Pi serial UART
• Runs at 5 volts off the Pi supply
• Preloaded software, can be used out of the box to display the following:
• Scrolling Text
• Bar Graph
• Frame buffer
• Individual Pixels
• Pre-built / Plug and Code
• Ability to install 6 pin ISP or 6 pin FTDI Headers to the ATMega328P for firmware upgrades or your own sketches
• ATMega328p analog pins are broken onto standard holes (just like the Jimmy Roger shield)
• I2C from the ATMega328p is available on pins A4 and A5 for daisy chaining of Pi-Lite to create a bigger display
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.