Pimoroni Skywriter 3D Gesture Sensing Breakout for Raspberry Pi
• Use this interactive board to control your Raspberry Pi with hand gestures
• Detects your hand’s location and gestures it makes, like flicking and taps up to 15 cm away
• Compatible with all Raspberry Pi boards
• Some assembly and soldering required
• Full Python (for Raspberry Pi) and Arduino LibraryWhat can I do with the Skywriter 3D?
Create a Raspberry Pi interface for the future with this gesture-sensing breakout. Use your hands up to 15cm from the board and the sensors can tell your x, y and z co-ordinates, and even recognise some gestures. You can control the pitch and tone using your hand like a Theremin or swipe left and right as inputs for your programs.
How does the Skywriter work?
The Skywriter is compatible with both 3.3V and 5V inputs, with all signal levels shifted. The electrical near-field 3D sensing technology can tell exactly where your hand is and feed the information to your Raspberry Pi or Arduino. The sensing can even work when the board is behind a nonconductive material like acrylic or fabric. The electrical sensing means that you can use any capacitive object as a controller in the field.
Where can I use my board?
With four mounting holes, you can mount the board on your Raspberry Pi. Alternatively, you can use the non-slip rubber feet on most surfaces without worrying about it moving. The 94mm x 122mm board comes with a strip header which needs to be soldered into position.
|Type of devices
||Skywriter breakout board
|Compatible with which Pi models?
||All Raspberry Pi
||3.3V & 5V
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.