Pimoroni Skywriter HAT for Raspberry Pi Motion Hand Detection
• A board with the ability to detect physical movement for the Raspberry Pi
• Near-field sensors can recognise motion up to 5cm from the board
• Detects location of capacitive objects within 3D space
• Great for hobbyists for creating electronics projects
• An excellent tool for educating and inspiring the young with the possibilities of DIY electronics
• Demonstration code available to program and use the Skywriter HAT for beginners
• Compatible with Raspberry models with 40 pins including the Pi 2, A+ and B+What functionality does the Skywriter add to my Raspberry Pi?
The Skywriter HAT is a great tool to add to your Raspberry Pi if you want to add 3D-motion sensing abilities to your projects. With the increasing popularity of innovative computer interactions, input using hand gestures has been keenly sought after. With the introduction of the Skywriter, that has been realised for the wider market and available to you.
The sensors within the Skywriter can detect motions including hovering your hand above the board, swiping across and even motions that involve detecting the proximity of your hand to the board up to 5cm away.
What could I achieve with the Skywriter?
The Skywriter’s near-field gesture sensing ability gives you the power to create new and innovative projects. The 3D motion detection can be used for multiple creative endeavours. In one example, the Skywriter can be used to create a small Theremin – a musical instrument that is played without any physical contact.
The Skywriter is also great for education, allowing the young to interact with electric fields and experience some of the possibilities.
The capacitive sensors means that the Skywriter can be used in many projects as you can think of involving movement, motion or detecting an object in 3D space. To help you in get started this online repository.
What is compatible with the Skywriter?
The Skywriter works with any Raspberry Pi board that has 40 pins or greater including the A+, B+ and or the Pi version 2.
40 pins including the Pi 2, A+ and B+
|Type of devices
||Near field 3D/gesture sensing HAT
|Compatible with which Pi's?
||Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, B+ & A+
||Powered through the Pi
||Manufacturer not specified
||Manufacturer not specified
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.