Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Plug In/Battery Operated Energy Saving Monitor With Timer
• See how much power your appliances are consuming
• Can be mains powered or battery powered
• Requires 3 x AAA batteries, (Order Code L42AL, not included) if running off battery power
• Suitable for an extension lead to be plugged into it, to monitor the consumption of multiple appliances
• Be eco-alert by monitoring CO2 consumption
• Can display the cost of electricity and power used
• Monitors volts, amps, watts, kWh, elapsed time, cost and CO2 emissions
• Displays saving in kWh, elapsed time, cost and CO2 emissions
• 96 on/off cycles per day
• 7 x 96 on/off cycles per week
• Holiday and random mode
• Manual on/off override button
• Alarm mode protects against over current, over voltage, under voltage and over temperature
• Surge protection protects your equipment from damaging electrical surges and spikes
• Surge-free on/off switch
• Rated at 15A and 3289W
• Requires 3 x AAA batteries, Order Code L42AL, not included) for the product to be battery powered
• Weight: 142g
• Dimensions (h x w x d): 130 x 64 x 38mmBy simply entering the unit cost of your electricity and plugging an appliance or extension lead into the power monitor, the LCD screen enables you to easily see the cost of the plugged in appliances. It allows you to see useful data such as: cost generated by a socket, kilowatt hours used (as found on your electricity bill), active watts consumed, apparent power, voltage from the socket, amps used. With this knowledge you can reduce your electricity bill and more importantly reduce your carbon footprint.. The built in timer is ideal for switching lights, radios, etc. on whilst your house is unoccupied, giving the impression that people are in. It can also be used to take advantage of cheaper electricity costs during off peak periods.
This handy product gives you the option of plugging in to a wall socket, or using in places where mains power is not accessible using the battery power option (requires 3 x AAA batteries, Order Code L42AL, not included). An extension lead can also be plugged into the unit, giving you the option of monitoring the power usage of multiple appliances. It also enables you to use the timer function on more than one appliance at a time when using in conjunction with an extension lead.
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 of 5 Reviews
Great Idea(s)!!! (Pity About Execution/Quality). Can be Costly, Avoid Till Fixed!!!
This looked great at the price so bought one. Have to agree with previous reviewers about bulkiness. If using on a conventional Blockboard will make adjoining sockets unusable. Fair bit of weight to it as well. best make sure the Wall socket is well screwed in. Instructions are something else. Previous mention of a MSc needed. I am a prospective Technology PhD but still had problems partly because this seems a bad Google Translate from some East Asian Language (Indonesian/ Fillipino/ Chinese?) When finally got the hang of this found that had a great no. of good ideas going behind it. Not only can you see how much energy you are using, but you can also see how much you save ! by using the timer to switch off your media peripherals whilst on standby for example. Also has Over/Under Voltage/Current and Temperature Protection built in so thought this was the Dogs biscuits!. Decided to plug it in and try it out on the Computer + Printer + Peripherals as a start. Started off Ok but immediate problem in that the LCD was defective and missing a digit on Lower Screen. Also was measuring 17W when nothing connected at all! Pretty high error but decided to go ahead anyway and computer in boot cycle with Laser Printer about to boot up when all of a sudden all Hard drives/etc start crashing with Power Switched off showing an OverVoltage of 243V !??!! (Accompanied by incessant beeping which only stops when the unit is plugged out totally) Didn't realise the damage done to computer yet but tried on all other sockets and still showing OverVoltage at 243 V!!?!! (with incessant beeping!!!! watch out for your neighbours if you are not in as is as loud as Fire Alarm!) Actually then stopped working altogether but had enough when realised had to reinstall entire operating system and my Laser Printer has never been the same since! I am posting a review here because still believe that this is a great idea if it can be properly implemented. In the present incarnation however it is best avoided. MAPLIN give this another go but test this (and instructions) properly before putting it on the shelf. (Again 1 star bcos cannot give it none!!) I am sure this is a bad un that has slipped through!!!
Product very bulky. I think I will need a masters degree in physics to understand the manual. Plain English would of helped.
I haven't a clue whether the thing works or not. I tried it twice, and I don't know whether the reading is accumulative or not - I can't work out how to reset it. Maybe you might be able to understand the instructions, but I can't, they are absolutely impenetrable. Hopeless. It got 1 star because the site won't allow me to give none.
This is a chunky unit but it's not just an energy monitor it is a timer as well. it does the job. It is easy enough to use but the instructions could be a little clearer. To see how much energy an appliance is using is simple, just plug it in and the wattage or kwh is displayed clearly. The screen has to display a lot of information so some of it is a little difficult to read but not impossible. I used a 1000w fire to check the accuracy and that read correctly. I've checked a laptop, a monitor, a CPU and they all gave appropriate readings. On the whole a reasonably priced and very useful piece of kit.
I am just about to return the second one of these. The first was mechanically faulty - it had a screw missing from the case and the case was thus coming apart. The second one does not seem to measure amps and power correctly - its main purpose. Just plugged into a socket with nothing attached it reads a current of around 0.63A and a power which fluctuates between about 1W and 15W. I plugged in a 100w table lamp in case it was unhappy with no load attached - it still read the same (would have expected around 0.4A/100W). I then plugged in a 1kW heater - it seemed to read correctly - i.e. a little over 4A/1000W. It also seemed correct when I switched on the additional 1kW heater element. It seems that it only works correctly if the load exceeds the 0.6A or so - I can only assume it's faulty. You should also note that physically it's quite large - approx 7cm wide x 16cm long x 6.5cm deep (not including the pins)- it extends about 11cm forward of the earth pin. If plugged into a typical mains extension socket, you can't plug anything in adjacent to it. Given its size, the display is not very big and needs to be viewed straight on - at an angle it's difficult to read. The backlight doesn't seem to help much. Even if working correctly, I don't think I'd be very impressed.
QuestionsBe the first to ask a question
0 of 0 Questions
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N47KB||Plug In/Battery Operated Energy Saving Monitor With Timer||(1+)||£11.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9500 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9500.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect