Power from Space Clock Kit
• Captures electrical energy from space to power an LCD clock!
• Circuit simply and safely rectifies a tiny fraction of the mega-watts of RF energy from radio/TV transmissions
• Requires at least 21 metres of wire for the antenna and ground wires (not included)This unlikely circuit enables the capture of small amounts for electrical energy from space and, typically, can power a small LED or an LCD clock wired for the purpose. The circuit simply rectifies a tiny fraction of the mega-watts of radio frequency energy broadcast in the UK from radio and TV transmissions. When connected to a long wire antenna and to an earth point, the circuit will output micro-watts of power – sufficient to energise very low-current consumption components and products.
The kit comes complete with all the components that need soldering to a small printed circuit board together with two antenna insulating links. An additional requirement is a length of wire for the antenna of at least 10 metres. The antenna has to be stretched horizontally between two insulated points as high up as possible. Some geographical areas might suffer from overall low signal strength and a much longer antenna might be needed to compensate.
Please note: the LCD clock is not included but may be ordered separately wire antenna and to an earth point, the circuit will output micro-watts of power – sufficient to energise very low-current consumption components and products.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.