• Centrally store your files with an extreme amount of potential space and do more with impressive multitasking abilities
• Diskless model – no hard drives are installed in the eight bays, and each bay can hold up to 8TB
• Up to 410MB/s read and 415MB/s write speeds, under a RAID 5 configuration and link aggregation
• Automatically backup your Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac computers to this NAS drive
• Keep files stored on the NAS safe with backups to USB, the Cloud and to another NAS – RAID configurations are also available
• Stream videos and music without pre-configuration to a DLNA or UPnP compliant device
• Numerous mobile apps for Apple iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices
• Integrate your files and backup from and to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and other cloud services
• Manufacturer part number: TS-853A-8GSpecial Features
• Install ‘surveillance station’ for real-time monitoring, video recording and playback of connected IP cameras*
• Install ‘virtualisation station’ to use Windows, Linux, UNIX and Android based virtual machines as remote desktops
• Up to 4K video transcoding, allowing you to watch videos that are not fully supported by your device
• Install ‘Linux station’ to use this NAS drive as a normal Linux operated PC
• Two HDMI v1.4b ports lets you display content straight to a TV or monitor
• Stereo analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) for recording via one of the two 6.35mm jack inputs
• Digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) for clear sound quality through the 3.5mm jack outputFeature packed NAS that is great for the era of IoT
If you’re looking for a NAS drive that you can connect directly to a monitor or TV, transcode videos and has a number of other features – then this QNAP TS-853A would be a great choice for you. It is equipped with an Intel Celeron N130 quad-core CPU, built-in AES-NI encryption and 8GB of RAM. With link aggregation you can achieve impressive read and write speeds of up to 410MB/s and 415MB/s.
Running off QNAP’s QTS 4.2 operating system (OS), means making changes and monitoring the NAS is easy. Customise the NAS to suite your intended use by adding features through installing apps from the app center. ‘Virtualization station’ and ‘container station’ are apps which allow you to run multiple operating systems, which is great for testing and developing Internet of Things (IoT) applications.How much storage do I get?
This version comes with eight bays, which are not pre-installed with any hard drives. You can add up to 8TB** of your own hard drives in each bay, for an impressive 64TB. You can also easily scale up the storage at a later date by adding either a QNAP UX-800P for up to 64TB extra space, or a UX-500P for up to 40TB. Can I automatically back up my computer to this NAS?
Through Apple’s Time Machine backup program or QNAP’s ‘NetBak Replicator’ for Windows computers, you can back up certain files or your entire disk drive in real-time or on a routine basis. Additionally, using the front USB port you can back up an external hard drive’s content at a touch of a button.
Losing any files can be a traumatic experience – but this NAS has a couple of features that you can implement to reduce the risk of such an event from happening. One method is to use RAID configurations, with RAID 1, 5, 6, 10 and 10 + hot spare available to you to provide an extra backup of your files. Using ‘backup station’ you can also create remote site backups of your data, locally, to another NAS or to the cloud. What apps can I use with this NAS drive?
Utilising myQNAPcloud service, you can effortlessly setup remote access to your QNAP NAS drive. This gives you access to your files through the myQNAPcloud portal, mobile apps or through the Qsync PC utility. Mobile apps include Qphoto, Qmusic and Qvideo for multimedia access, Qmanager for NAS status checks and Qfile for managing/downloading/uploading files.
Through the app center, via QTS, you can install various apps onto your NAS drive, increasing the amount of features it has to fit your needs. ‘HD station’ delivers the ultimate multimedia experience, and there are many other great apps you can install.Can I play my media files stored on the NAS to other devices?
You can plug this NAS drive directly to a monitor or HDTV through one of the HDMI ports and 4K content is supported. A built-in DLNA server lets you stream multimedia files without the need for pre-configuration to DLNA/UPnP devices (for example TVs and media players). Through on the fly transcoding you can also play a 4K video at 1080p on devices which may not natively support the file format, allowing you to enjoy content on a range of devices.* For a list of compatible products (IP cameras, SSDs, external USB devices etc.), please click here**For a list of hard drives compatible with this NAS, please click here