• The newest member of the Raspberry Pi family of minicomputers
• The Brand New Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Mainboard
• A full computer that fits in the palm of your hand
• Featuring the Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor
• All new features makes this the best Raspberry Pi yet
• Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
• 40pin extended GPIO to really enhance your projects to the next level
• New Micro SD card slot for storing information and operating systems
• Four USB ports and an RJ45 10/100 network socket add connectivity with many external devices
• CSI Camera Port to connect your Raspberry Pi Camera
• DSI Display Port to connect directly your touch screen display
• To help you learn computer programming Python and Scratch programming languages are included with the operating systemWhat is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is an inexpensive complete computer. When it is connected to a display, it can transform any TV screen or monitor into a computer programming station. It is also great for connecting to other devices such as electronic components or a HD camera. The GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) both handles and displays recorded HD video to show via the HDMI out port. It facilitates audio-visual output via the Raspberry Pi’s 3.5mm jack to connect to headphones, speakers or perhaps a TV screen.
The typical audience for the Raspberry Pi are young people or beginners who have a desire to learn more about what they can build with the technology. The operating system is downloaded using the instructions from the Raspberry Pi website onto a microSD card. Depending on the system you choose, it can then be used as a typical desktop-centric computer for programming and development. Other software packages facilitate embedded applications like playing HD video and for browsing.What can I do with a Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi allows you to practise your computer programming especially for the Scratch and Python languages. It enables you to surf the web by plugging in a wireless USB dongle, embark upon electronic projects using the GPIO pins, connect a camera to the camera port or use it as a media centre to watch your favourite films. You can see what other people have been making by clicking here
NOOBS is the recommended software for your Raspberry Pi because it gives you a selection of operating systems to install. Please click here
to check out the many options of operating system you can install on the Raspberry Pi. This also includes a step by step description of how to put the operating system on an SD card.What makes this Raspberry Pi different from previous versions?
The Raspberry Pi 2 comes with a BCM2836 quad-core processor with a clock frequency of 900 Mhz, making it six times more powerful than previous versions. This improves the complexity of computer programs that it is able to process and enhances features such as video-playback. This model comes with 1GB of RAM, giving better experience of using the board compared to previous models. This means less time in waiting or switching between tasks and results in a more seamless experience.