Raspberry Pi Model A Board and Camera Board
• Model A Raspberry Pi with mounting points and 256 MB RAM
• Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 700 MHz SoC processor (Similar performance to 300 MHz Pentium 2 processor)
• Integrated videocore 4 GPU capable of playing full 1080p high definition Blu-Ray quality video
• Free, versatile, and highly developer friendly Debian GNU/Linux operating system
• USB ports
• HDMI and RCA video output
• 3.5 mm audio output jack, 5 V micro USB power input jack
• SD, MMC, SDIO flash memory card slot
• 26 pin 2.54 mm header expansion slot
• 15 pin MIPI camera serial interface plugs directly into the Raspberry Pi board
• To view our full range of Raspberry Pi kits and accessories please click here
This bundle of Model A Raspberry Pi ultra low cost, deck of cards sized Linux computer with a camera board included aswell. The Model A Raspberry Pi is a stripped down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256 MB RAM. The trade off for removing certain features results in the Model A Raspberry Pi being cheaper than the Model B in addition to using only one third the power. This low power consumption makes it ideal for projects running from a battery or solar power robots, sensor platforms in remote locations and WiFi repeaters for example. Camera board plugs directly into the CSI connector on the Raspberry Pi. It's able to deliver a crystal clear 5 MP resolution image, or 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps with latest v1.3. Camera board features a 5 MP (2592 × 1944 pixels) Omnivision 5647 sensor in a fixed focus module.New to Pi?
We have created starter kits that include the all you need to get started, everything from the preloaded SD card to the cables, keyboard and mouse. These are a great way to get acquainted with a Raspberry Pi without worrying about getting it all working. Best of all these kits are great VALUE
than buying all of the parts separately Starter KitAdvanced Kit
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.