Call 0333 400 9500 or Contact us
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
- Starter kit with Raspberry Pi model B board including a USB mouse, a USB keyboard, a power supply and a USB hub
- A full computer as small as a credit card that is full of potential for beginners and experts alike
- BCM2835 CPU running a 700MHz processor giving you a good performance
- Exempt from vouchers
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
• A full computer as small as a credit card that is full of potential for beginners and experts alike
• BCM2835 CPU running a 700MHz processor giving you a good performance
• 512MB memory chip giving you a quick response for such a small device
• Comes supplied with Raspbian operating software on a 4GB SD card
• Can be used for building robots, arcade games and much more
• Aimed at teaching novices how to program and develop their own softwareWhat is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit card sized computer that plugs into any normal TV or monitor. It enables people to explore computing, whether they are old, middle aged or young. It can also be used to teach computer programming which uses special computer languages such as Scratch and Python. Raspberry Pi came from the idea that, without an affordable solution, children of the future would grow up without being computer literate in the new age of technology.
What can I do with a Raspberry Pi?
What you can do with the Raspberry Pi vastly outweighs what you can’t do. The possibilities are practically endless. From something as simple as using it as normal computer with an office package and an internet browser to making your own retro games console. The GPIO (General-purpose input/output) terminals can be used in the same vein as a switch to turn objects on and off or even using it as a quick reaction game. You can see what other people have been making by clicking here
Why should I buy this?
This Raspberry Pi starter kit could start you on the way to being a skilled programmer. The kit comes with the added benefit of having everything you need to start learning in one box. It comes with a keyboard and mouse to set everything up as well as a power supply and Wi-Fi dongle to get connected to the internet. This saves you having to buy everything separately and it comes with the operating software already installed on to an SD card. This will save you time meaning you can get straight on with your learning experience.
To download the latest software for your Pi or play around with alternative Operating Systems then click here
For instructions on how to install a Raspberry Pi Operating System please read this guide
|CPU||Broadcom BCM2835 SOC 700MHz|
|GPU||Broadcom VideoCore IV|
|Memory||512 MB (shared with GPU)|
|USB||2 x USB 2.0|
|Video||Phono (RCA), HDMI (up to 1.4 compatible) and DSI socket|
|Audio||3.5 mm jack|
|Storage||SD card slot|
|Power||Micro USB DC 5 V @ 800 mA for the Pi board|
|Dimensions||85.6 mm x 53.98 mm|
|Operating Software||Supplied with Raspbian|
|I/O||26 pin GPIO customisable pin array|
|Raspberry Pi Model B board|
|4 Port USB Hub|
|2 Port USB PSU @ 2.1A|
|Micro USB Cable|
|SD Card with Raspbian OS pre-installed|
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|R45PI||Raspberry Pi Starter Kit||(100+)||£52.49|
|R45PI||Raspberry Pi Starter Kit||(25+)||£55.99|
|R45PI||Raspberry Pi Starter Kit||(10+)||£59.49|
|R45PI||Raspberry Pi Starter Kit||(5+)||£62.99|
|R45PI||Raspberry Pi Starter Kit||(1+)||£69.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.