Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Remote Controlled Mains Sockets 5 Pack
• Turns appliances on and off at the click of a button
• Great for those hard to reach sockets
• Simple and easy to use - no installation required - 'Plug 'n' Play' operation
• Use to switch off appliances on standby
• Remotely control up to 5 separate mains powered devices
• 30 m range in open spaces
• Even works through ceilings and walls!
• Maximum switching capacity 3120 WAny appliance with a plug socket can be powered remotely up to a distance of 30 metres. It uses Radio Frequency so the remote does not need to be pointed at the socket and can work through walls.Each RF socket has 4 channels than can be set from the switch at the back.For example, if you had 5 lamps plugged into the RF sockets on different channels/codes you could turn them on and off individually or if set on the same channel/code you could turn them all on and off at the same time.To operate, set the dial on the reverse of the product to the channel required and fit the small battery to the transmitter. Plug the socket in to the required wall outlet and it's ready to use.
|Transmitter battery:||12V/23A (Order Code JG91 for replacement)|
|Transmitter radio frequency:||433.92MHz|
|Receiver voltage:||220/240V / 50Hz / IP20|
|Receiver maximum wattage:||3120W|
|Transmission range:||Typically 30m (clear line of sight)|
|5 remote sockets|
|1 remote control|
|1 x 12V 23A battery for remote control|
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 of 42 Reviews
Great little devices. I wanted a means to access 13 amp socket switches that were difficult to get at and usually involved reaching behind TV's and computer desks. These solved the problem easily and quickly. I can now switch things on and off without any hassle. The up side, easy to expand by buying more units as you need them. The down side, they each use all of 1/2 watt power on standby!
I was disappointed to find that there are only four sets of on/off buttons on the remote control. You have to use one pair of sockets controlled by the same button.Or you can use the fifth socket independently if you are prepared to switch channels however.
dose what it says,ideal if your plugs are on the floor nearly, or behind tv or any were thats hard to reach
This item is great. It deals with the painful and annoying chore of turning off all your plugs which can be scattered here there and everywhere and sometimes in hard to reach places. With the press of a button you can turn up to 5 electrcal sockets on and off. This item is not just convenient but also saves you a bit of money on your energy bill because of its easy use properties. You will soon cover the cost of your items with your savings, making this item well worth its value.
I have just bought this unit from Maplin. 3 out of 5 units worked with ease. The other 2 units do not work with any channels or codes. Hence only 2 *as for 3 working units instead of 5 I consider this purchase as poor value for money.
Easy to set up, now when I go to bed press one button the tele, satellite, computer, printer, fan are switched off, just turn the light off on the way out. pleased and satisfied with the purchase.
these are excellent ,they are easy to set up (no huge manual) and do exactly what it says on the tin. One little concern though and that is the durability of the little channel change switch on the back of the remote control.Only time will tell. andy
"Remote Controlled Mains Sockets 5- Pack" These absolutely do work. They can handle a 55��� Plasma TV, SKY HD box and a Freesat SD box easily all at the same time. They have a small non intrusive red light that comes on when turned on so you can see it���s live. The only negative is that if you have more than 4 you will have to share a frequency setting with any extras you add or in this case the 5th one. This means two plug sockets will be turned on and off at the same time as there are only 4 buttons on the remote control. However I recon they will save me and pay for themselves in just over a year���s use in not having things left on standby over night.
One unit failed after just 3 on-off cycles.
Does everything it claims and easy to set up good value for the money
QuestionsAsk a Question
2 of 2 Questions
Mike Pitstow said:
Do the receivers loose their settings when switched their mains supply is turned off?
ken shorland said:
Hi Could you tell me if the remote control pictured with the 5 socket kit is the supplied one as it only goes up to 4!! Cheers Ken
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|N38HN||Remote Controlled Mains Sockets 5 Pack||(1+)||£30.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9500 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9500.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect