Samsung 256GB 850 Pro SSD
• 256GB internal solid state drive (SSD)
• 2.5 inch SATA III connection with a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s for a super quick data transfer and fast start-up speed
• 100,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a faster, quieter version
• Alternatively install into a computer alongside your existing hard drive to speed up the working process
• V-NAND technology giving you a higher performance out of your SSD
• MZ-7KE256BWWhat can this SSD do for me?
The 256GB capacity gives you the ability to store a huge amount of files. You can store up to 250 hours of digital video, 60 two-hour DVD films, 8,000 digital photos or 4,000 hours of digital music. With a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, this will speed up your startup time, when compared to using 7200 RPM and 5400 RPM hard drives. This can make a real impact on your computer if you are wanting to improve its performance.
How secure is this drive?
The 850 PRO provides the same data encryption features as the 840 EVO. The Self Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology will help keep your data safe at all times. It includes an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine to ensure that your personal files remain secure.
How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
|IOPS Read (@QD32)
|IOPS Write (@QD32)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.