• 2TB solid state drive (SSD), offers an enormous amount of storage
• Uses a SATA III connection* on your motherboard, with backwards compatibility for SATA II and SATA I
• Up to 540MB/s sequential read and 520MB/s sequential write speeds provide you with incredibly fast data access and load times
• Random read and write speeds of up to 98,000 IOPS and 90,000 IOPS
• 3D V-NAND based – providing faster speeds, energy efficiency and high endurance
• High level of energy efficiency, which makes it great for use as a laptop or Ultrabook upgrade
• Dynamic Thermal Guard protects your PC from overheating
• Covered with five year warranty or 150 total bytes written (TBW), whatever comes first
• Supplied with Samsung’s Data Migration software for cloning and migrating data from an old drive
• Manufacturer part number: MZ-75E2T0B/EU
* Please note that this SSD does not include a SATA cable to connect to your system, please find a compatible SATA cable here Will this SSD have enough space for me?
This Samsung 850 EVO is the world’s first 2TB solid state drive (SSD) for client PCs. It is powered by 3D V-NAND technology to give you faster data access times, program load times and multitasking abilities – increasing overall speed for higher productivity. This SSD has sequential read and write speeds of up to 540MB/s and 520 MB/s respectively. It is also capable of achieving random read and write speeds of up to 98,000 IOPS and 90,000 IOPS. These speeds are obtainable due to the TurboWrite technology and you can enhance speeds even further by enabling RAPID mode within the included Samsung Magician software – which creates cache storage with unused PC memory (DRAM).How good is this SSD for laptop use?
The 3D V-NAND technology implemented into this SSD, makes it highly energy efficient. This helps to increase the battery life on your laptop or Ultrabook, as it also supports device sleep mode in Ultrabooks. Is my data safe within this SSD?
The 850 EVO uses AES 256-bit encryption technology to give a hardware-based full disk encryption engine and ensures you data is secure. This means that your data will be protected, while you lose no performance compared to software based encryption technology. Dynamic thermal guard technology is also incorporated into this SSD. This technology monitors and maintains the optimal temperature of the SSD and automatically lowers it – minimising the risk of overheating and protecting your data. What’s more, the endurance of this SSD is measured at up to 150 total byes written (TBW), with the warranty of this SSD covering it for up to five years or 150TBW, whichever comes first. What software is included with this SSD?
Supplied with this SSD is Samsung’s Data Migration software, which lets you copy all of your data and applications from your existing SSD or hard drive disk (HDD) to the 840 EVO quickly and easily. Also included is Samsung’s Magician software – which you can use to setup, monitor, manage and maintain your SSD, optimising the SSD for your system and needs.How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.