Samsung 960GB 845DC Evo SSD
• 960GB internal solid state drive (SSD) giving you a large storage capacity for your computer
• 2.5-inch SATA III 6 GB/s connection with a read speed of 530MB/s and a write speed of 410MB/s for a rapid data transfer and quick start up speed
• 80,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a bigger, faster and quieter version
• V-NAND technology giving you a higher performance out of your SSD
• MZ-7GE960EWWhy should I buy a solid state drive?
SSD hard drives are faster, more reliable and a lot more efficient than standard hard drives (HDD). Durability and reliability are two things you can expect from an SSD. They are able to withstand knocks and shocks, making them ideal for use in laptops and netbooks. This doesn’t mean you can’t use them in computers - they provide a quick start up speed and a silent operation as well as being easy to install into your case.
What can this SSD do for me?
This hard drive has a capacity of 960GB, which will allow you to store up to 960 hours of digital video, 240 two-hour DVD films, 30,000 digital photos or 15,000 hours of digital music. With a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, this will speed up your start up time, when compared to using 7200 RPM and 5400 RPM hard drives. This can make a real impact on your computer if you are wanting to improve its performance.
What is V-NAND and how does it differ from existing technology?
Samsung's flash memory is fabricated using an innovative 3D V-NAND architecture, which stacks 32 cell layers on top of one another rather than trying to decrease the cells' length and width to fit today's shrinking form factors. The result is higher density and higher performance using a smaller footprint and a breakthrough in overcoming the density limits of conventional planar NAND architecture.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.