SanDisk 960GB Ultra II SSD
• 960GB internal solid state drive (SSD) giving you a large storage capacity for your computer
• 2.5 inch SATA III connection with a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 500MB/s for a rapid data transfer and quick start up speed
• 91,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a faster, quieter version
• SDSSDHII-960G-G25What can I expect from this SSD?
The larger input/output per second rate allows it to complete operations faster than most SSD drives while still keeping the efficiency to high level. With 960GB you are able to store approximately 200,000 pictures as well as a huge amount of video, leaving you with enough room to run your operating system.
How efficient is this drive?
With a lower power draw as well as no moving parts, this SanDisk Ultra II SSD creates less heat than a normal hard drive. Add in to this no sound or vibration and you have a drive that will be as quiet as a mouse as you use it.
How reliable are these kind of drives?
The way to measure these kind of hard drives is with failure rates. SSDs generally run for a mean time failure rate of two million hours, compared to the mean time failure rate 1.5 million hours of a HDD. This makes SSDs roughly 33% more reliable than HDDs and gives you peace of mind that your drive shouldn’t fail when you need it most.
What makes an SSD different from a normal hard drive?
A solid state drive comes with no moving parts, this makes it a lot quicker when completing actions, for example starting up your computer or opening files. A normal hard drive, or HDD, uses a mechanical arm with a read/write head to move around and read information from the right location. So, if you’re wanting to make the operation of your computer more streamlined, an SSD would be the choice for you.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.