SanDisk Extreme 900 480GB USB 3.1 External Portable SSD
• 480GB portable solid state drive (SSD) offers a considerable amount of storage
• USB 3.1 (SuperSpeed+) connections can transfer up to two times faster than USB 3.0
• With backwards compatibility with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 (via supplied cable)
• Up to 850MB/s read and write transfer speeds provides you with astonishingly fast data transfer times
• Supplied with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software to keep your files private
• Manufacturer part number: SDSSDEX2-480G-G25
• Shock and vibration resistant with aluminium and rubber exterior helps to keep your data safe
• Supplied with both a USB type-C to type-C and USB type-C to type-A cables to allow you to connect to a range of devicesWhy would I use a SSD as a portable drive?
This SanDisk Extreme 900 portable SSD is perfect if you’re looking for a portable high-speed storage device for high resolution pictures, videos and large files. It can achieve up to 850 MB/s read and write transfer speeds, which equates to almost nine times the speed of a traditional external hard drive (compared to a 500GB portable hard drive). Even some of your largest files will be moved in a matter of seconds.
Is my data safe on a portable SSD?
Enclosed in an aluminium and rubber housing and tested to be shock and vibration resistant, your data will be protected even during the event of an accidental drop. It is shock resistant up to 800G and vibration resistant up to 5.35gRMS (50 to 2000Hz). This SSD can also be stored and used in extreme climates that range between -20°C and 70°C. SanDisk’s SecureAccess encryption software can be setup to secure your files and folders with a password using 128-bit AES encryption, helping to keep your data safe and away from prying eyes.
What can I connect this SSD to?
This portable SSD is compatible with Windows and Mac computers with no drivers needed. It has a USB 3.1 type-C connection, which will futureproof you for the next generation of devices. In anticipation for the new devices, a USB type-C to type-C has been included and for those devices that still use a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 connection a USB type-C to type-A cable has also been supplied.
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||133.35 mm x 17.78 mm x 82.55 mm
||USB 3.1 – gen 2 (compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)
||Windows 8 or higher, Mac OS 10.6 or higher (for software)
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.