Scanners 7: Tuning Into Digital & Analogue Communications - Paperback Book
• Keep up to date with equipment and scanner frequency changes
• Up to date frequency listings
• Covers the latest digital technologies
• Fully illustrated with photos of latest equipment and accessories
• Tables of UK frequencies and call signsThe 'Scanners' series of books have been consistent bestsellers, being the UK's leading guides to receiving equipment employed by enthusiasts to monitor the short wave and VHF/UHF wavebands used by airfields, maritime and rescue services, and analogue and digital two-way private mobile radio systems. This new (seventh) edition covers the rapidly increasing trend towards digital two-way radio communications and the latest handheld and mobile/base scanners with some digital modes fitted. This new edition also includes details of an increasing number of 'apps' for Smartphone specifically for radio data decoding, including programs for digital scanner communications decoding for which a Smartphone can be linked to an existing scanner radio to decode. Other innovations include TETRA as used by police, ambulance, fire and rescue services, and DMR modes such as Mototrbo. It is predicted that by 2016, fifty per cent of two-way radio communication in the UK will use digital modes
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.