SEP Eddy Current Demo Kit
• Demonstrate the effects of eddy currents
• Learn about how eddy currents can effect a materials
• The kit comes with two tubes and two metal disks - one magnetic one not
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervisionWhat experiments can you conduct with this kit?
This kit comes with two pipes - one plastic and one copper, and two metal disks- one magnetic one not. Drop each disk down each tube one at a time, and watch as the magnetic one takes longer to travel through the copper tube due to eddy currents.
What are eddy currents?
Eddy current are created by a magnetic field. They can be used to deflect non- magnetic metals. For example in a vending machine coins pass a magnet and different coins deflect by different amounts based on their size and material. This allows you to know what coins they are and helps to identify fakes. Eddy current also create a repulsive force allowing magnets to fall slower or even lift them, see if you can replicate this yourself.
|Number of included parts
|Number of models that can be made
|What can be made?
||Eddy current Demonstration
|Computer system requirements
|Age group, if specified
|Power supply requirements
||Pipe length 250mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.