SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield for Arduino
• Build mobile cellular based GSM projects for hobby or manufacturing
• Write Arduino code to control the GPS/GPRS data stream
• Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz - would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world
• Control via AT commands - Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 , Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands
• Short Message Service - so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal)
• Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server
• Speaker and Headphone jacks - so that you can send DTMF signals or play recording like an answering machine
• SIM Card holder and GSM Antenna - present onboard
• 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC (all 2.8 volt logic) - to augment your Arduino
• To visit the website support page please click here
The SIM900 GSM/GPRS Shield provides you a way to use the GSM cell phone network to receive data from a remote location. The shield allows you to achieve this via any of the three methods:
• Short Message Service
• GPRS Service
The GPRS Shield is compatible with all boards which have the same form factor (and pinout) as a standard Arduino Board. The GPRS Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands. Based on the SIM900 module from SIMCOM, the GPRS Shield is like a cell phone. Besides the communications features, the GPRS Shield has 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.