Tascam TM-80 Desk Top Condenser Microphone
• Condenser microphone that’s perfect for studio instruments or vocals
• Comes with a table top tripod for hands-free placement
• Cardioid pattern, giving directional audio and isolated background noise for a higher quality sound
• Balanced XLR connection to go straight to a mixer or portable studio
• 1.8m male to female XLR lead
• -38 dB sensitivity for great pick up of quiet audio
• Shock mount reduces rumble and noise during recording
• 18mm aluminium diaphragm built-inWhat can I use this microphone with?
This XLR microphone can be used with a wide range of mixers, amplifiers and recorders. Record or listen to instruments, vocals or narration with this microphone. Connect the 1.8m XLR male to female from the microphone to your device with a 9-48 V phantom power supply. It really is that simple to set up.
What is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones for recording audio. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all the audio produced by an instrument or voice. Using phantom power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
How does the TM-80 work?
With its table top tripod and shock mount, this microphone can be set up on any desktop and pointed at the audio you want to capture. The elastic shock mount reduces rumble and noise in the recording to give you clear audio. With a directional cardioid microphone, you get audio from whatever direction you’re pointed in without a lot of background noise. The TM-80 internal circuitry is optimised to reduce noise and distortion, making it perfect for studio recording, and with its 18mm diaphragm 136 dB sound pressure level and -38 dB sensitivity you’ll get great quality audio every time.
||20 Hz – 20 kHz
||200ohm +/-30% (at 1kHz)
||1.8 m (M-F)
||48 mm x 165 mm x 48 mm
||300 g (approx.)
||1.8 m XLR lead
||Elastic shock mount
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.