Call 0333 400 9500 or Email us
Timeguard RLS010 Infrared Remote Control Light Switch
- Enables quick and easy switching with supplied remote control
- Replaces any conventional single gang ON/OFF light switch (not 2 way)
- Switch lights on and off or dim lights from the wall switch or the remote control
- Limited stock may be available in some stores. Call us on 0844 557 6000 to check
Timeguard RLS010 Infrared Remote Control Light Switch
• Replaces any conventional single gang ON/OFF light switch (not 2 way)• Switch lights on and off or dim lights from the wall switch or the remote control• Ideal for children, the elderly and infirm• Operating range at least 8m up to ±50°• Maximum load: 300W filament lighting (including halogen)• Tough flame-retardant case
• Replaces any conventional single gang ON/OFF light switch (not 2 way)
• Timeguard RLS010An attractive infra-red light switch with remote control for quick and easy dimming and ON/OFF control of room lights up to 300W. The light(s) under control can either be switched ON/OFF or dimmed by the hand held remote control or by the push button on the switch.
Control your lighting from the comfort of your armchair or bed! The kit consists of one remote controlled light switch dimmer and a 4-channel IR transmitter. Remote control requires 2xAAA batteries (Order Code L42AL, not included and specs added).Not suitable for fluorescent low energy and discharge lighting. Also unsuitable for flickering (neon) candle lamps.
|Switch type:||Single or Double Gang – 1 Way|
|Permissible loads:||Filament lamps 40-300W|
|Operating voltage:||230V AC|
|Remote Control range max.:||8m ±50º|
|Remote Control batteries:||2 x AAA (not included)|
|Operating temperature:||-10 to 40AC|
|Dimensions (mm):||Height 86 (h) x 86 (w) x 40mm (d)|
|Min box depth:||16mm|
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 of 6 Reviews
For the switch to fit the upper and lower screw mounts on the back box in the wall needed to be bent in. The switch then then fitted very easily. The switch and remote operate exactly as described with no problems I thought this is an excellent product for the price paid
In terms of build quality this item is extremely poor. I partially disassembled it and found components that should not have been used, messily hand soldered into large blobs of solder, leaving both scorch marks and flux residue. Beneath its glossy exterior the unit looks as if it has been hand-made in someone's garden shed. It is a miracle that it works at all.
I found this switch very easy to fit and took less than five minutes to complete the job. However, I didn't realize that the switch would have a permanently illuminated LED display. Not being one to leave anything turned on when I am away from home, I have now removed the switch as a safety precaution. Without the LED display I would have awarded the switch 5 stars.
It is an extremely tight fit into a standard lighting wall box - any sort of rotrusion from the side, such as a grommet at the cable entry, will foul the body of the switch which is only a few mm smaller each way than a standard box. Depth is just about OK... Apart from that, it works satisfactorily.
My light switch was in a hard to get to place so this was an ideal replacement.Easy to fit and works well.
Works fine, but will only fit in a shallow (25mm deep) box if the wiring is forced against the side of the box, rather than at the back.
QuestionsAsk a Question
10 of 19 Questions
can it be used for your main light e.g in bedrooms
Tim Davey said:
How does this actually work, does it replace the existing Turn button dimmer switches ??
Is the brightness of the light continuously variable over the range from full on to completely off, or does the unit provide only a set number of fixed lighting levels.
Hey, if there a way to input another variable such as sensor detectors to trigger the lights to turn on?
Can this switch be used safely (and legally) in a bathroom?
mr michael kaye said:
can I also purchase a second remote controler unit?
What's the model number of this product?
Lyndon Haberfield said:
My light switch is hidden down the side of a wardrobe - does the remote need line of sight?
Can the lights be dimmed from the remote or can you only dim via the wall switch?
Will you have to remove the existing wall light switch and replace it with this unit?
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|L09AB||Timeguard RLS010 Infrared Remote Control Light Switch||(1+)||£24.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.
- Home Delivery
- Click & Collect