TP-Link TL-MR3020 4G N150 Portable Wi-Fi Router
• Share a 3G/4G connection to multiple devices
• Wireless speeds of up to 150Mbps gives you good transfer rates
• Works with both 3G and 4G connections, so you can benefit from the faster speeds of 4G
• Operates on a single 2.4Ghz band for a stable wireless connection
• One WAN port to share a wired connection or provide internet to a wired only device
• USB port for connecting a 3G/4G USB modem
• Parental controls let you control and restrict internet access of users
• Manufacturer part number: TL-MR3020
• Adjust bandwidth between devices with IP based quality of service (QoS), to prioritise high bandwidth activities
• 5dBi internal antenna supplies you with a good range
• Establish a guest network under the WISP client router modeWhat can I do with this portable router?
Share a 3G/4G mobile connection between family and friends while you are out, with this portable TP-Link router. Simply connect a 3G/4G USB modem to the router and a 3G/4G Wi-Fi hotspot will be established. The router has been tested and is compatible with more than 100 LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/EVDO 3G/4G USB modems, so you can be sure your modem will work. Wireless speeds of up to 150Mbps and an 802.11n Wi-Fi standard, provides you with good transfer speeds and range.
Bandwidth of mobile broadband is limited, so with the router’s IP quality of service (QoS) function you can decide how the bandwidth is shared. This lets you prioritise activities such as streaming, to ensure they get as little buffering as possible. The router can be powered from the USB port of your laptop or through a power adapter, giving you the flexibility and portability to take this with you on your travels. A 3G/4G and WAN failover back-up strategy keeps you supplied with a sustained internet connection.
*Please note if your existing device does not support 4G sharing you may need to manually upgrade it to the latest firmware
Can this do more than share a 3G/4G connection?
In addition to being able to share a connection under the 3G/4G router mode, there are two other modes which can be used, they are travel router mode (access point mode) and WISP client router mode. Under the travel router mode you can setup a wireless internet connection by utilising a WAN cable, so you don’t have to be stuck with only one device connected to the internet. On the other hand, the WISP client router mode sets up a separate network for guests to use, by re-broadcasting your existing wireless internet. This means although you are sharing your internet connection with your guests, they don’t need to know your existing networks password. Any configurations you make in any of these modes is saved for you, even if you switch to a different mode.
Is this router easy to setup?
Installation is quick and easy for this portable Wi-Fi router, simply connect a USB modem into the router, search for it on your computer and connect to it. You’ll be surfing the internet in no time at all. A WPS button on the router makes establishing a secure connection between devices faster and safer – you don’t even need to remember your password for a connection to be made.
How portable is this router?
A travel sized design of 67mm x 74mm x 22mm (W x D x H) and being able to power this router using a mini USB port, makes it a great travel companion to ensure you get internet connection on the road. As long as you can gain access to a 3G/4G connection, you can create a wireless network for a variety of portable Wi-Fi devices.
|SIM card slot
||No – attach USB modem
|Number of gigabit Ethernet ports
||No – 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet port (WAN)
||1 – internal
|Media streaming DLNA ready
||1 x mini USB (for charging only)
||1 x USB 2.0
|Can it charge other devices?
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.