Ubiquiti airMAX PowerBeam 150 Mbps 25km Network Bridge
• Distribute a wireless network across a distance of up to 25km
• Throughput speeds of up to 150Mbps
• One gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a modem or a router/switch
• Browser based operating system with airOS that is easy to use and allows you to make slight tweaks to ensure optimal performance
• Intelligent QoS (quality of service) prioritises voice and video over other activities to ensure uninterrupted streaming
• 25 dBi gain antenna with InnerFeed technology to provide a rage of up to 25kmWould this be the right network bridge for me?
Share or bridge a wireless network to a distance of up to 25km, perfect for use as a CPE (Customer Premises Equipment). The Ubiquiti airMAX PowerBeam (Manufacturer's Code: PBE-M5-400) sends radio waves in a tighter beamwidth compared to other network bridges. This reduces noise and improves noise immunity, making it ideal for use in environments with lots of wireless signals. To keep signal strength as high as possible, the network bridge uses InnerFeed technology. This incorporates the radio into the feed horn of the antenna, reducing the chance of signal strength being lost through the need to connect the radio to the antenna. Such features ensure that the airMAX PowerBeam is great for use in crowded areas with lots of competing radio signals.
What does the airMAX technology provide me with?
What makes the airMAX powerBeam stand out compared to other network bridges, is the use of Ubiquiti’s own time division multiple access (TDMA) airMAX protocol. By allowing each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots, hidden node collisions are eliminated and airtime efficiency is maximised. This results in performance improvements in latency, throughput and scalability, so that speeds of up to 150Mbps and distances of 25km can be achieved (with the 25 dBi gain antenna playing a part too). Furthermore intelligent QoS provides a seamless uninterrupted experience by prioritising voice or video activities.
Is there a software package included with this?
A browser based operating system called airOS is used to program and control the network bridge. It is easy to use and allows you to make changes to ensure high performance and outdoor multi-point networking. Planning your network is made simpler, with airView providing you with a spectrum analyser functionality. Finally, airControl gives you a place to centrally manage your entire network of Ubiquiti devices, with viewing a network map and scheduling tasks just a few of the things that you can do.
||5Ghz only (5170 to 5875 Mhz)
||150 Mbps 5Ghz
|Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports
|Media Streaming DLNA ready
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.