UP! Plus 2 3D Printer
• Machine Weight: 5kg
• Build Volume/Size: (W) 140 x (D) 140 x (H) 135mm
• Material: ABS
• Layer Thickness / Print Resolution: 0.15 / 0.20 / 0.30 / 0.35 / 0.40mm
• Workstation Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8, Mac
• Product comes with a UK power supplyWhether you are a professional or a hobbyist, an engineer, an innovative designer, an inventor, a creative teacher, an amazing thinker or a hi-tech tinkerer then having your own 3D printer will enable you to unleash your creativity and turn your designs into real-life three dimensional models - at the touch of a button!
What’s The Up! 2 Plus 3D Printer
The UP! Plus 2 is a small format 3D printer that works straight out of the box and has automatic calibration. The Up! Plus 2 is based on its award-winning predecessor, but with a host of refinements and improvements. In a review in Stuff Magazine with the Makerbot Replicator 2 and the 3D Systems Cube, the Up! Plus 2 came out on top.
It’s a portable, robust and has a small footprint, so it won’t take over your desk or wherever you want to keep it!
The UP! 2 Plus 3D Printer is the only printer in its class to have automatic levelling and nozzle height setting.
How does it work?
It works by using software to slice a digital 3D model into layers and then print each layer with extruded plastic ABS filament. Each layer is built upon the last until your model is completed - also known as additive manufacture.
How long does it take to set up?
From unboxing to printing, you can get going in a little over 15 minutes.
How long does it take to print?
This does vary depending on the size, shape and quality of the model, but as a guide a 10x10x10mm cube takes 6 minutes. An iPhone 5 case can take less than half an hour or for the highest possible quality print you can make one in 90 minutes.
What is required?
Nothing other than what is supplied with the UP! Plus 2 is required for printing models. If you don’t have any 3D modelling software the Autodesk 123D range is a good place to start as it is cloud based and free to use. The UP! 2 Plus is compatible with Mac and PC (32 & 64 bit, XP, Vista, 7, 8).
What's in the box?
• UP! Software
• 700g spool of ABS filament
• Perforated build platforms
• Tool kit and manual
• 12 month warranty for all repairs
What Colours Can I Use?
The UP! Plus 2 must be used with UP! Plus 2 cartridges of ABS filament that come in 700g reels in the following colours:
• Black ABS (Maplin Order Code: A26LT)
• Blue ABS (Maplin Order Code: A27LT)
• Red ABS (Maplin Order Code: A28LT)
• White ABS (Maplin Order Code: A29LT)
• Green ABS (Maplin Order Code: A30LT)
• Yellow ABS (Maplin Order Code: A31LT)
You can use one colour at a time while printing. If you want your creation to be multicoloured, you can print it in separate pieces and attach them together later. The printer comes with a full 700g reel of White ABS so that you can be up and running straight away.
|Dimensions of printable area:||140x140x135mm|
ReviewsWrite a Review
3 of 3 Reviews
This little gadget, although not cheap, is just fantastic. It is better than I thought and produces excellent prints. The better I get in drawing my 3D models the more I will get from this machine. If you are toying with the idea - go for it - you will not be sorry.
I have the ver 1, and if the ver 2 is as good, or better, then it comes highly recommended. If you do design / engineering or are creative in any way, it will change the way you look at manufacturer!
really good product i advice you to buy it
QuestionsBe the first to ask a question
0 of 0 Questions
|Item code||Item name||Quantity||Price|
|A25LT||UP! Plus 2 3D Printer||(1+)||£1399.99|
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
Offering a 1-2-1 personal account management service each representative is ableto help you ensure the service from Maplin meets your approval on all levels everytime.
As well as being able to help you benefit from volume quotations and bespoke productsourcing our team also offers a wide range of business services including:
- 30 Day EOM credit terms available on application
- FREE delivery on all orders above £10
- A range of guaranteed delivery services to ensure your goods are with you to meetthose tight deadlines
- Proforma Invoices
- Scheduled and forward ordering system
- Product branding and bespoke product sourcing available on application
- Online and in-store account use
- 5% discount for all schools and colleges
- 7% discount for all universities
- Sample product service - available on application
- Supplier cross-referencing and BOM quotations
As you can see, our range of services is comprehensive and built to service everytype of business need. We are committed to providing your business with 1st classsales and customer service.
Our aim is to establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships where our customersreceive a high class of reliable service.
Please contact us on 0844 557 6000 to discuss your business needs with your individualaccount manager.