USB Host Shield for Arduino
• Use your Arduino boards to control USB devices
• Write code to interact with the host shield and your Arduino system
• A MAX3421E USB Host Controller with SPI Interface is the heart of this board
• Complies with USB Specification Revision 2.0 (Full-Speed 12Mbps Peripheral, Full-/Low-Speed12Mbps/1.5Mbps Host)
• Click Here for the USB Host Library
• To visit the website support page please click here
The USB Host Shield contains all of the digital logic and analogue circuitry necessary to implement a full-speed USB peripheral/host controller with your Arduino. This means you could use your Arduino to interface with and control any USB slave device - thumb drives, digital cameras, Bluetooth dongles, and much more!
A four-wire serial interface is used to communicate with the host controller chip, so the shield connects the Arduino's hardware SPI pins (D10-13) to the MAX3421E. A USB type female connector is wired up to the IC, and it also supplies 5V as any normal USB port would.
The Host Shield takes its power from the 'Vin' pin on your Arduino. Power from that pin is regulated to both 5V and 3.3V on the shield. All SPI signals are sent through a hex converter to step them down to 3.3V.
• Max Current: 60mA
• Dimension: 60.0x53.5x19.5mm
• Net Weight: 16g
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.