(Used) ASUS ROG AMD Radeon RX480 STRIX GAMING 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
• AMD RX480 chipset offers a base clock speed of 1266MHz or a boosted 1286MHz
• 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 video memory running at 8,000MHz, gives you an incredible gaming performance
• Connect a range of monitors using DVI-D, HDMI or DisplayPort connections
• CrossFire Multi-GPU support lets you combine multiple RX 480 graphics cards
• Full size graphics card that utilises two case expansion slots – check your case and motherboard for compatibility
• Direct CU III technology offers an efficient thermal solution
• Twin 0dB fans let you enjoy your games in complete silence
• Manufacturer part number: STRIX-RX480-8G-GAMING
• Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
• ASUS fan connect enables targeted cooling for your graphics card
• Aura RGB LED lighting allows you to express your own unique style from up to 16.8 million colours
• Super Alloy Power II combines premium build quality with durable componentsWhat can I expect from this graphics card?
The ASUS Strix RX 480 graphics card delivers a virtually stutter-free, low latency experience, essential for remarkable virtual reality environments. AMD innovation and powerful performance enables the ASUS Strix RX 480 to deliver premium experiences on high-end VR games, entertainment, and applications. FinFET 14 technology empowers the ASUS Strix RX 480 graphics card to operate efficiently and intelligently, driving low system power requirements and a cool and quiet operation.
What is the performance like on this card?
With 8GB of GDDR5 8000MHz VRAM, and the GPU running at 1266MHz clock speed (1286MHz boost), providing excellent graphic performance on the most recent games. Embedded with AMD technologies such as GCN architecture, FreeSync technology, Eyefinity and AMD crossfire ensure that your games run smooth at high resolutions with incredible detail.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
The card comes with two DisplayPort 1.3 and two HDMI 2.0b outputs, a single DVI-D port is also featured. Using DisplayPort outputs are suitable for monitors utilising 60Hz to 240Hz refresh rates with a maximum resolution of 7680x4320. You can connect up to six monitors (may require the use of an MST hub)
The ASUS Strix AMD RX480 uses the patented ASUS Direct CU III thermal cooling solution. The GPU maintains direct contact with copper heat pipes to efficiently move heat away from the GPU when under load. Three patented 0db wing blade fans aid in dissipating excess heat, leading to a graphics card that is up to 30% cooler and up to three times quieter than the reference design.
What software is bundled with this card?
Featured with the ASUS Strix RX480 is the ASUS GPU Tweak II and Gaming Booster software, ASUS GPU Tweak II controls GPU voltage, engine clocks, memory clocks, fan speed and temperatures. This software offers multiple new ways of precise overclocking controls to potentially increase power savings and frame rates for even better performance.
||AMD Radeon RX480
||PCI Express 3.0 (x16)
|Video Memory Type
|Video Memory Capacity
|Memory Clock Speed
|Gaming mode (Default)
|Virtual reality ready
|Number of slots taken up
|Number of DisplayPort outputs
|Display Port version
|Number of Mini Display Port outputs
|Min Display Port version
|Number of D-Sub outputs
|Number of DVI outputs
|Number of mini HDMI outputs
|Number of HDMI outputs
|Max number of displays
||6 (May require the use of an MST hub)
||7680 x 4320
||Direct CU III
|External power supply required?
||Yes 1 x 8 Pin
||ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
|DirectX version support
||12 + Vulkan
|OpenGL Version Support
|Manufacturer part number
||Three Year Warranty
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.