• Look to the stars with this powerful computerised Newtonian reflector telescope
• Capable of up to 269 times magnification (111 times with supplied eyepieces) to see as far as Jupiter and Saturn
• Comes with 2 eye pieces to customise your telescope for the best view
• With a 114mm aperture this telescope will give you a bright and clear image
• The magnification can be lowered down to 16 times (40 times with supplied eyepieces) Special features
• Computerised mount can tell you what to look out for in the night sky and helps you find exactly what you’re looking for – requires eight AA batteries (not included)
• Comes with its own tripod for stability
• Use three bright celestial objects to align your telescope and use them to locate and track celestial objects at the touch of a buttonDownload the free Celestron Skyportal app on Android or IOS What can I see with this telescope?
This amazing computerised telescope will help you see the universe in a different way. See the moons of Jupiter, the Pleiades star cluster or the rings of Saturn in breath-taking detail. This 114mm Newtonian reflector telescope comes with a tracking mount and two eyepieces, one with a 40 times magnitude and another with a 111 times magnitude.
Why choose a reflector telescope?
Reflector telescopes are open at one end and use mirrors to collect and focus light for the image. Typically, the apertures of reflector telescopes are larger than their refractors. This means they can see further and fainter objects and have a wider apparent field of view. The bodies of the reflector telescope can be made smaller, all while maintaining the same level of magnification. Reflector telescopes don’t suffer from chromatic aberration, colours appearing around an image, like some refractors. Reflector telescopes display the image upside down. This is normal for astronomical telescopes, but will be noticeable with terrestrial viewing. How easy is it to assemble?
Easy to use and assemble, this telescope comes in three major sections which can be assembled and disassembled quickly and easily. There is a tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials. The mount has a built-in spirit level to help you level the telescope. There are nine different slew speeds, allowing you to rotate the telescope to observe different areas of the sky. The LCM can be powered by eight AA batteries
(not included).Can this telescope track?
Locate three bright objects in the night sky and the computerised telescope can orientate itself, calculating the time, date and location of the telescope. Use the hand control to browse through its database of 4,000 objects to locate and track your celestial object across the night sky. You can use the Sky Tour function and your LCM telescope will give you a list of the best objects to view so you don’t miss a thing. The 114 LCM comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
Download the free Celestron SkyPortal app and get a guided tour of the solar system and beyond. Use your IOS or Android device to listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of celestial objects. Additional accessories are available.