• Philips Hue White and Colour Ambience range lets you operate lights through an app or with your voice via the Philips Hue Bridge 2.0
• Simply install the Hue Bridge 2.0 and lights, then download the app to control your lights from anywhere
• Operating on 9W of energy, you can produce approximately 16 million different colours
• Screws into any standard E27 connection
• With 16 million different colours and shades of white ranging from warm to cool you can customise your home lighting to your liking
• The Philips Hue app is available for Android and iOS devices
• Lasts for up to 15,000 hours, with an A grade energy efficiency rating thanks to the LED technology usedSpecial feature
• Create your favourite lighting scene and save them for ease of use
Download the app to remotely control your Philips Hue lights! What can I do with this kit?
If you want to control your lights wirelessly from anywhere around the world, then this starter kit is the perfect choice for you. The Hue light bulbs communicate with a central Hue Bridge, which then gives you the ability to not only turn off/on your lights, but also change the colour and brightness of the bulb. A selection of 16 million different shades of colour is available, allowing you to create vibrant and lively lighting around your home to suit your mood and personality.How can I control this kit?
The Philips Hue app lets you control your lighting in a number of different ways. You can create your favourite colour combinations to save for later, or schedule lights to turn on while you are away. You can even set the lights to gradually increase in intensity as you normally wake up, giving you a gentle and refreshing way to start each morning. The app works with Apple iOS 7 or later devices and Android 2.3 or later devices.
The Philips Hue can also work with IFTTT (If This Then That). This lets you link the Hue to react to certain tasks from apps, websites and devices. For example you could set the light bulbs to change colours when your favourite football team scores a goal.How is the different to other Philips Hue kits?
The main difference between this Philips Hue model and its predecessors is voice control. Since the included Hue Bridge 2.0 is Apple HomeKit compatible, you can ask Siri to turn lights off or on, change the colour, dim the brightness and more. If you own an Apple TV, you can also control the lights through your voice when you are not at home. This feature only works with Apple iOS 9 or later devices.Integration with other smart devices - Nest
Philips Hue products can talk to any of your Nest products you may have. If your Nest cam detects no movement or noise in a room, it can tell your Philip Hue bulbs to star to fade off. This helps to save you energy and money. What is the life span like on the included bulbs?
Using LED technology, the light bulbs can operate for up to 15,000 hours. They have an A grade energy efficiency rating, providing you with low energy costs and long lasting light bulb.How easy is this kit to install?
Setting up the Hue Bridge takes a matter of moments. Next, all you need to do is screw the lights into any standard E27 Edison screw cap light fitting and then download the app. The whole installation process is simple and straightforward.
Up to 50 Philips Hue lights and accessories can be connected to one Hue Bridge. This kit will work with any existing Philips Hue light bulbs and accessories you may have, so you don’t have to start rebuilding your existing collection of Philips Hue products. Settings from the previous Hue Bridge can be transferred over to your new Hue Bridge 2.0 too, giving you access to scenes and light settings that you have already configured to your preference.