(Used) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATAIII 2.5inch SSD
• 500GB internal solid state drive (SSD) giving you a large storage capacity for your computer
• 2.5-inch SATA III 6 GB/s connection with a read speed of 540MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s for a rapid data transfer and quick start up speed
• 97,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a bigger, faster and quieter version
• V-NAND technology giving you a higher performance out of your SSD
• MZ-75E500B/EUWhy should I buy a solid state drive?
SSD drives are faster, more reliable and a lot more efficient than standard hard drives (HDD). Durability and reliability are two things you can expect from an SSD. They are able to withstand knocks and shocks, making them ideal to use in laptops and netbooks. This doesn’t mean you can’t use them in computers - they provide a quick start up speed and a silent operation as well as being easy to install into your case.
What performance can I expect from this drive?
This solid state drive has a capacity of 500GB, which will allow you to store up to 500 hours of digital video, 125 two-hour DVD films, 16,000 digital photos or 8,000 hours of digital music. With a read speed of 540MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, you are able to start your computer up quicker, as well as being able to load your files in an instant.
How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.
||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
||5 V from motherboard
||Windows / OSX
|Drive form factor
|Sequential read speed
|Sequential write speed
|Drive spin speed
|IOPS Read (@QD32)
|IOPS Write (@QD32)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.